thread: Working Mummies Support Group #3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Add leckert on Facebook Follow leckert On Twitter

    Mar 2008
    still on the teaching contract roundabout
    1,952

    Re: Working Mummies Support Group #3

    super quiet in here now - I struggle to get on computer for non-school related things (finished my uni stuff) and the BB app & other forum app thing (can't remember the name of it) haven't been friendly to me for a while so I don't check it often.
    I've gotten another contract for next year - teaching Yr 10-12 class at an Aboriginal school in the Adelaide region where I taught this last term. I'm looking forward to it as I know the kids and they're mostly okay And it's a whole year contract which means late Jan 16 to late Jan 17 pay (very nice feeling). Just need to get through this Dec-Jan for now with minimal pay (DH subcontract work) & Centrelink payments.

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Sep 2013
    Netherlands
    605

    Re: Working Mummies Support Group #3

    Hi leckert, great to hear you've got a whole year contract next year and one you're looking forward to. Good luck getting through the next couple of months of minimal money. My husband does contracting work and while he's been doing enough work for us to get by on lately people are very late in paying him so we'll also be having a tight couple of months. Looking forward to when the money does come in though, it's kind of enforced saving .
    Interview done. No idea how it went though not really expecting anything too much from it. We'll see in a few weeks.

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Sep 2013
    Netherlands
    605

    Re: Working Mummies Support Group #3

    Oh wow just heard back from them and they are offering me the job. I've got a meeting tomorrow to discuss start date etc
    Thanks for the well wishes wysiwyg! .
    And I really understand re the difficulties of deciding between job and location. It's hard. I've also turned down a couple of options due to location. This time I'm very lucky as the job is pretty ideal and the general location is pretty good for us. We'll be moving back to Australia so the boys will be able to see their family a little more (though all still in other states). Next step I guess is working out whereabouts exactly we're going to live in Melbourne. Good luck reaching a balance you can be at peace with!