Thread: Hamburger Patties

Default Hamburger Patties

Can someone give me a new hamburger patty recipe, please? Mine uses breadcrumbs and I don't have any.

Thanks

I use rolled oats instead of breadcrumbs

Nat, you try it with homemade breadcrumbs...though if they really need to be dried then perhaps make some and put in the oven to dry out a little, worth a try

what about couscous instead of the breadcrumbs in them? or you could add flour to help thicken them if they are runny. also, things like cheese helps bind them together...

HTH

MG

you could use some cooked rice with egg?

polenta can work well too.

Nothing wrong with using fresh breadcrumbs..........I always do! I tend to make up a big batch at once and freeze them in a zip-lock bag. Scoop out what I need, and it only takes five minutes on the bench to defrost

Alternatively, I've found this great technique in my fave recipe book..........

4 slices of white bread (crusts removed), tear into small pieces and place in a bowl with about 1/2 cup of milk. Leave to soak for a few minutes, mixing it up, until bread is collapsing. Mix in with about 500g of whatever mince you are using. You then don't need to use egg. Just add whatever seasoning etc you are using.

This works really well for meatballs, burgers, whatever. I don't get carried away with the quantity, the above is just a guide. It tastes really yummy! (I've done it with others types of bread too, they're all good).

Thanks everyone - we had spaghetti, Lol.