Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mince Beef and rice ideas

Default Mince Beef and rice ideas

Hi girls ,

anyone have any ideas one what to cook with Mince meat - I want to serve with rice and veges.

Thanks

Zander has troubles with meat unless it's mince so e make everything with mince!! You can do something like stroganoff, satay & that sort of thing. Another this to try is, make a bolognaise sauce chop your veges up fine & put them in as well then serve over the rice, sort of like spaghetti but not

Yummmm that sounds good. I also have a jar of Sweet and Sour Sauce in the pantry. Do you think Meatballs ( with minced veges in them ;-)) with Sweat and sour sauce would be nice?. I think my MIL makes a similar dish and it usually tastes good.

chuck all the vegies and mince into a big frypan or wok, and then add flavour! I would chuck in the sweet n sour sauce, stir it around and then add rice.

You can do the same with a jar of pasta sauce (our favourite)

You can also use taco mix.

I do meatballs of various sorts with different vege's & seasoning and serve with rice. So sure!

I also make savoury mince with veges and serve it over mashed potatos. yum... just use beef stock, bay leaves, worshtershire(sp?) sauce, a dash of soy sauce, garlic and some herbs from the garden.

heheheh Brooke....I was at a loss as well .. a bit over Pasta and Hamburgers with the good old mince :-)

I think I will try your yummy idea Christy!

Thanks Ladies :-) ...some great ideas to keep in mind

mmmm meatballs. I was going to cook some mince tonight but I was having a total mental block about how to prepare it.......

Im cooking meatballs now!! you all got me hooked

Ooooh meatballs, great idea!! I might have some too tonight!

What i do with mince and veges. Generally 300 -400gram mince i reckon would easily do family of 4 or 5 or more, depends on how much vege you use (and how much you eat!). I prob use about 4 cups veges all up, plenty for us 2, and the dogs, and my lunch for the next day.
    Cook mince & a diced onion with abit of salt & curry powder. When just about cooked, chuck in 1 cup of rice, and a packet of chicken noodle soup mix (i just use the home brand one). Cook for a min or so, till rice absorbs meat juice, and then add water. Keep adding water till rice cooked, but, little bits at at time, dont want it to go soupy or glugy. I cook in wok, with lid.
    While your cooking that, cut up veges. I use generally red & green cap, and carrot. Chuck all that in as you go along, depending on how cooked you want it. Then near the end, chuck in mushrooms and cabbage, and leave lid on till cabbage and mushies are softish.
    Can also flavour with some soy sauce or worchester sauce.
    We serve ours with chilli and garlic sauce.
    My mum used to cook it when we where kids - cheap feed. Called it chow mein.
    DH's mum also cooked it, but called it Green Rice.

Oh yum, I'm going to have to go and buy some more mince now so I can make meatballs and mum3bee's chow mein!

My favourite thing to do with mince is to make Shepherds pie. I usually chuck in some vegies and of course pile it high with mashed potato. Yum!

my mom makes these great meatballs with onion, egg, dry onion soup mix and cooked rice. Fry them up then put them into a beef stock to make meatball soup. Something about having the rice in them... Last time I made it, I put too much rice & the rice was too moist so my poor meatballs fell apart. I ended up making the sauce into a gray and in went the meat. It still tasted great !!

Heather

OH WHAT about Shepherd's Pie !!

or, i make rissoles with french onion soup mix, breadcrumbs, egg, and grated onion, carrot and potatoe.

my meatballs were divine!! I havent made then in such a long time...My Dh is in love

ohhh so many Yummy things!

I ended up doing a variation on Christy suggestion (only changed one ingrediant really as I had no worshtershire sauce. I did mince , onian , garlic , carrot , zucchini , mushrooms , Soy Sauce , one cup beef stock and 2 tablepoons of a spice i have called Moroccan spice . Then served it with rice ..oh my goodness it was yummmmmm. Kaitlyn and ate heaps hehe..Dh is about to arrive home and will try it then .

Thanks Christy ...great idea!.

Mum2bee I think I will give your rissoles a go next week as they sound devine as well.

ohhh what would we do without our BB inspired meals!

Buying ingrediants for the Rissoles tonight - going to cook them up for next week ..mmm

forget to mention - i roll them in breadcrumbs as well.

ETA - AND - bread crumbs help to if you are going to freeze them. I like to make a big batch, and freeze some meal size portions. And like a lot of things, the flavour is much better if eaten the day after they are made....
    Last edited by ~Debbie~; March 11th, 2007 at 05:44 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast