Thread: Cmv virus

Default Cmv virus

Hi

Just wanted to know if there were any mums on here who have had the cmv virus? My daughter has it and now im petrified that i will get it, andits quiet bad for an unborn baby.

does anyone have any experience with this?

Having worked in child care- all I know is to wear gloves for EVERY nappy change to avoid catching it. I'm not sure what other body fluids it may be spread by though- we also always wore gloves for nose wipes etc too. Has your doctor given you any tips to protect yourself? I'd start by getting a box of disposable gloves from the supermarket or chemist.

All the best

Quote Originally Posted by meow View Post
    Having worked in child care- all I know is to wear gloves for EVERY nappy change to avoid catching it. I'm not sure what other body fluids it may be spread by though- we also always wore gloves for nose wipes etc too. Has your doctor given you any tips to protect yourself? I'd start by getting a box of disposable gloves from the supermarket or chemist.

All the best
    havent spoken to the gp yet. i only just found out im pregnant. Her paedatrician just told us to keep on top of hygienge, washing hands etc. She is four and is toilet trained although i do still wipe her bum most days.

i will go see the GP tomorrow to get tested for it, and go from there. was just wondering if someone on here had expereinced it before.

thanks for your reply

Personally I would be anal about it and wear gloves if you are wiping her bottom. Maybe that's jsut because I've had the fear put into me through work!

my sister had it while she was pregnant....i think it was picked up around 24 weeks for her. Her bub is now 7 months old and got the all clear. I will find out more if you like.....the thing I got told was that it lies dormant in your system and when it becomes active you have symptoms that are like having a cold. I know I got tested but it came back negative

im off to the gp now to get tested for it, i have lost my voice since thursday and been coughing and phlegmy but not sick as in flu sick.... just the sore throat and phlegm...

fingers crossed.

glad your sisters bub is all clear

got blood results back.

i have a high level immunity to CMV so should be all good *fingers crossed*

oh that is great news bern

Hi

What is CMV - that's great that you are immune!

Quote Originally Posted by buliej View Post
    Hi

What is CMV - that's great that you are immune!

Cytomegalovirus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia