Thread: do i or dont i...

Default do i or dont i...

i prolly dont have it, but after googling all thats been going on in my body lately, it looks like a possibility. I've had the flashing lights (not often, maybe once every 2 days since a week or 2 ago) nausea (no vomiting, very close sometimes tho!) headaches, little cramps in my my legs and feet and pain in my uper abdomen. But since i had a fall last week, most of the things i put down to that. I had also had slight swelling my my hands and feet, not sure about my face, as i've put on some weight lately. Now i know its stupid, but i havent been for an antenatal appt for some time now, i have no way of getting there and i have problems with leaving the house. I just cant do it, unless DH is with me, and he has to work. Should i be worried?...

I think you will need to see a doctor, just going on symptoms without seeing a patient is not a good way of doing a diagnosis. Would you be able to call an ambulance and get to the hospital OK? They could send an ambulance car if you're worried about arriving in the big van with lights blazing. Or could you get a doctor to your house to see you? If you call the paramedics they can help at home without taking you to the hospital too.

Oh, and your DH could take an afternoon off for an antenatal appointment. No-one's holding a knife to his throat and forcing him to work - he doesn't HAVE to, he CHOOSES to.

Simone, I have replied to your other thread, and as I said there, I think you need to go to the hospital and get yourself and your baby checked out. You may not have pre-eclampsia, but if you do, you need treatment. If there is even the slightest chance, you should get it checked out. On top of the other problems you are experiencing, I think a check up is essential.

If your DH is not willing to take you, call an ambulance. Do not feel like you are putting them out or wasting resources, you need to take care of yourself and your daughter and are just as entitled to call for help as the next person.

Have you called the midwifes at your hospital and spoken to them?? It def sounds as though you need to be checked out. The hospital may be able to arrange something for you. Keep us informed.

he's casual, and not earning alot anyway, so we cant afford for im to take the time off. I was recommended to rest lst time i got home frm hosp, but i never really got a chance to, with a 3yo and a 14mo, a house to unpack (he's not gonna do it!!) and cleaning, if i dont do it, everything goes to $h!t!!!

Simone i would get to the hospital to be checked out.

If you do have pre-eclampsia you need it looked at it could mean they deliver baby early to stop the symptoms.

Simone, I hope everything is ok, but I really think it would be a good idea if you went into the hospital and had them check everything for you... if only for your own sanity because you're obviously a little worried there could be something wrong. Isn't your DH at home tonight?

yeah he WAS home, but went to his dad's for pizza. I stayed home as the pains i have been having were getting worse... im going to try and get checked SOMEWHERE today, but im going to have to rely on public transport, as ryan took the car....

Let us know how you get on.

Simone did you go to the hospital ? Hope you are alright.

Maybe if you call your hospital they could give you some advice?