Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Downs Possibility?

Default Downs Possibility?

Hi,

I not sure if any can help me but I think I just need some reasurance that everything will be ok. It all started when I had my 12 week scan (what a drama but thats another story) my Scan was great but my bloods were not so good. My ratio ended up being
    1:49. So I then I went for a CVS last week and the baby was moving around too much and he could not proceed with it ( they took more measurement and they were normal) now I am going for an Amino on Wed. Please if this has happened to anyone please let me know.

Hi Leemar

This hasn't happened to me...but I just wanted to wish you all the very best.

Take care!

Hi Leemar,
    My bloods combined with my 12 week scan came back with a 1:19 of Downs. We had a bad experience with the guy who did our early scans, so when we went to have the CVS done at the hospital and the lady asked us why we were there, we assumed that the measurement changed, but she said, your here might as well get it done. In saying that our baby decided to stay still and we were able to get the proceedure done, all with good results in the end.
    I know how much of a testing time this is and I remember how emotionally unstable I was. So good luck with it and I wish you a positive result.
    Melissa

Hi Leanne,

My results at 12 weeks come in 1:294 and we went ahead with the amnio at 16wks and everything came back fine. The reason also was the blood test.
    I know how hard the next few weeks will be for you and we are all here to support you though it.

leemar my aunt had a 1:14 and then 1:12 and her baby is a happy healthy almost 3 year old with no down syndrome :hugs:

Hi Leemar -

Just wanted to pop in and wish you all the best for your amnio. My NT results came back today at 1:41 so I'm right up there with you. Same thing, scan's fine, bloods must have come back with a really wild result.

I'm just trying to stay positive, 1:49 means there is a 48 in 49 chance everything's normal and ok. I know a friend who had a belly buddy whose risk came back really really high and went on to have a perfectly normal baby.

xxx and ((hugs)) to you.

Caro, I don't know yet, I don't even know when they will be able to fit us in!

I found some good info on the WCH (SA) site today about the two procedures but I couldn't find anything that distinguished one as "better" than the other. I guess a CVS is "better" if you get the results earlier (not knowing is hard) but as Leemar's situation shows, you don't always get that luxury!

Caro, Yes I was 14wks yesterday.

Thank you all for letting me know your stories. It means a lot to me to know Iam not the only one that is going through or been through this.

MaryDean - Hugs go out to you and if you are going to have a CVS I hope your bubba is better behaved then mine was.

Mary and Leanne sending you both

All the best for tomorrow Leanne will be thinking of you.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

thinking of you for tomorrow Leeane - hope it all goes well this time

Mary - the best of everything to you too

My results with twins were high risk too after the boodtests but I chose not to have any invasive tests - risk greater for two babies with CVS & Amnio and it wouldn't have changed anything.
    I can't imagine how terrifying it can be waiting and going through such procedures

Hi Leanne
    Been thinking of you today and hope everything went well and you are resting heaps.

Hi Leemar

I thought of you today cos the CVS process was quite unpleasant and I wondered how you got along with your amnio.

They gave us the (paid) option of earlier results (FISH) where they tag certain chromosomes with dye and count the markers, it's not definitive but it does give an earlier indication - I wonder whether this is something they offered for your Amnio as well?

Anyway I hope it all went well today and you are resting and feeling ok.
    xxx

Hi Girls, Well the test hurt a little. So now I am feeling a bit sore and very tired.

MaryDean- Yes I get the FSH test as well thank god I think I would go crazy if I had to wait for the test. My Fingers are crossed for both of us. I hope our tests are results are all good. Are you feeling a bit sore too. As for paying the whole lot cost me $320 for today and I got $153 back from medicare. How much was yours if you dont mind me asking? I and sending you some Hugs and Iam thinking of you. I will let you know tomorrow what happened.

Good night to all.

Leemar, I had mine done thru the Fetal Medecine Unit at the public hospital here. They bulk billed for the actual procedure and the final results, but the early results cost $250 which is not medicare refundable. Don't know if our health fund will pay for some of that?

Yes I'm feeling very sore, apparently my uterus was squashed into an odd position, so they had to push quite hard and wiggle the needle quite a lot. It was really scary and hurt a lot more than I expected.

I hope your results come through loud and clear with a good result tomorrow - til then rest up and take care. ((hugs)).

got my for the both of you hoping that you get good results.

Hi Girls,

Well I am starting to get nervous. They said they dont get the results till about 5 or 5.30 this arvo. I am praying for good results for both MaryDean and My Self.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

thinking of you Lee & Mary

Yippeeee.... The FISH test has come back perfect... And Its a GIRL.... Iam So happy and relieved. I can not stop smiling....

MaryDean - I hope your results are great as well...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast