thread: GD how long after meals do you test?

May 2007
    Newcastle

GD how long after meals do you test?

I often find I am starving if I wait the full two hours..... Do you all strictly wait till the 2 hour mark?

2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Apr 2006
    Winter is coming

When I am really hungry I test earlier, if it is o.k then I will eat something and if not then I wait the two hours.

You can eat zero carb snacks while you wait ie celery lol, there must be other stuff too though if you google

Add Rach75 on Facebook

Oct 2005
    Moura, QLD, Australia

I was told I could have a apple while waiting for the test time frame HTH!!!

May 2007
    Newcastle

Thanks! I am finding it so hard I am a SAHM with a 14 month old so I am used to just grabbing food on the run at short intervals....usually every hour so this having a "meal" and then waiting to test is doing my head in

Dec 2007
    Melbourne

When I was testing when I was pregnant the diabetes educator said to test earlier but to also make a note how much earlier than 2 hours I tested.

Sep 2008
    out west

I do wait 2 hours each time. I have the oppposite problem than most in that I am not a grazer. its killing me trying to eat 5 small meals throughout the day! I'd rather have a big breakfast, a decent lunch and a small dinner.