Thread: headaches!!!!

Default headaches!!!!

Hi,

I just thought I would ask this as I am not sure if it is 'normal',

I get headaches atleast 4-5 times a week I only have a couple of days where I do not get one at all, I wake up with them, they go away or calm down a little then in the afternoons they come back with a vengance and make me feel ill and I just want to sit in a corner and cry, the pain is really unbearable and I have a fairly high pain threshold, I forgot to talk to my OB about this last friday as I was having a non headache day,
    but is it 'normal' to have so many headaches, I know when pg you can get headaches a little more frequently but this is driving me nuts, I hate taking anything for them and usually just try to sit in a dark quite place for a while, I do take panadol or panadene when its just unbearable.

Do you think I need to get checked out??? my bp was really good on Friday last week and baby was doing really well so I dont think there is anything wrong, but I am unsure.

TIA

HI Amy,
    Sorry to hear your not feeling so good.
    I am not sure about medical reasons you could be getting headaches but i got them really bad for about 8 weeks during my pregnancy.
    I just figured it was due to cutting things out like coffee and caffine in general, they passed at about 20 weeks. All my tests came back normal so I just grinned and beared it with panadine when they got really bad.
    Maybe you should go get checked out just in case.. that way you can put your mind at ease too.
    Hope you feel better soon.
    Good luck
    xoxo

I would recommend drinking as much water as you can to flush away any toxins (ie caffeine or anything else you have had to give up). This may help. This seems to be my biggest saviour with my headaches. Try phoning your obs office to find out.

I hope it eases off for you soon

Hey Amy, I too have been suffering from these headaches!! I had one nearly every day for a week so I decided it was time to go and see my doc about it. He said that they are cluster migraines and cant really do much else then take panadine forte when it gets real bad. I've always suffered from headaches but just put up with them but during pgncy, I just cant seem to be able to do it!

But it seems that headaches just seem to be a common thing around this time of the pregnancy. Check out my thread that I created a few weeks back.. http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...ad.php?t=31311

Best thing to do is just rest and have plenty of water. I hope they ease off soon and I hope that they ease off for me too!

These headaches are due to the hormones cursing their way through your bloodstream and they should start to settle down by about week 20. Keep drinking lots of water and rest as much as possible with a cold compress on your head and back of your neck and of course panadol when needed.

I havent been pregnant yet but I got these same headaches when I went on the pill when I was 17. The doctor told me if I had them while I was on the pill, I would probably get them during pregnancy too so I guess I also have this to look forward too (hopefully very soon).

Hope they pass quickly for you .....

Thanks for that tonydale, I am not getting them as regularly as I was before so hopefully that is a good sign of things to come. I cant take the pill it makes me so sick I get dizzy and throwing up all that nasty stuff so similar to morning sickness its not funny, so I am with you there for sure.

i've started getting TERRIBLE headaches the last few weeks! last night it was so bad that i was in tears and headed out to the 24-hr coles near me in my PJs at 11pm for some panadol!! mine are much worse in the evening for some reason...

i never get headaches normally so i've been feeling very sorry for myself - but it's nice to hear that i'm not alone!! i hope they don't get worse before they get better again - i'm still a LONG way off reaching the 20-week mark!

Hang in there Ella79. I think the hormone which causes the headaches peaks at night which is why they are usually at their worst then.

Just keep thinking of the big picture and in a few months time you will have a wonderful little baby which will make all of this very worthwhile (easy for me to say, I know but I'm sure I'll be going through this too and I will remember this post then!).

Yep, my OB said it's the high levels of progesterone that cause the headaches to worsen, particularly in the early stages of pregnancy.

Pre-pregnancy, I got frequent headaches (4-5 days/wk) and migraines about once a month .... and in my first trimester they just got worse and worse. I was literally taking panadeine/panadeine forte nearly daily for the first 12 weeks, which I HATED, but couldn't function without.

Having said that, it's probably worthwhile mentioning it to your OB anyway, just to exclude nasty things like high BP.