Thread: help please

Red face help please

Hi i am posting here because i have an embarrassing question and would rather ask belly belly then anyone face to face.
    I have had symptoms of thrush for the last few days and only really externally but before that i had some sort of leaking only like pee but NOT. and it was very minimal. But now i have the thrush symptoms and it was very itchy with a mucusy type discharge. So i was trying to drink more water and keep dry and clean etc... then the other night it became more unbearable and was more internally so i used a small amout of canastin( not sure on spelling) it didnt say i couldnt use in pg. But i still only used a small amount it hasnt helped and now the discharge is a yellowy sort of colour. I am very confused
    Any advise would be great.

I'd go & see your Dr to check for a urinary tract infection, if left untreated I think that can lead to things like premature labour. If you're embarrassed, just tell the Dr you think you might have thrush or a UTI & they'll do the test for you without too many questions I suspect.

Hi sallymarie...
    I sooo know where you are coming from... I have had thrush now for a little while... I keep telling my doc and midwife and they dont seem to concerned.. the doctor gave me some oral drops called Nilstat.. and my midwife told me that we can use canesten cream inside and out... I KNOW WAAAAY TMI!! :P but she said we can use the inserter thingy as it cant effect the cervix or anything like that cause of the good old mucus plug... MORE TMI :P

So dont be too worried... they pretty much said its mainly cause bubbles take all of our goodies our digestive tract ect generally looks after baby first then us later.... joy

And discharge... well I have just accepted thats just a way of life while we are preg.. and generally just being a woman!!

Thrush is VERY common in pregnancy and VERY hard to get rid of when you get it. Thrush cream is save to use when pg but the tablets aren't. Keep using the cream for a few weeks, even after you feel better. But I would also go and see a dr as well to make sure you don't have a UTI as well.

Sorry I should have thought about what Sarah said in regards to UTI... thats how mine all started... It wasnt the itchy stuff but it was the needing to pee all the time...
    then after the antiboitics thats the when the thrush started.... sorry... preg brain :P

I'll second Kirstie,
    Discharge or vaginal secretions increase big time when you are pregnant (and they will get worse throughout the whole pregnancy). I found it very embarrassing when I was pregnant, but we all have to get through it. Now when a friend falls pregnant I discreetly tell them about all the embarrassing things that I went through so they don't feel alone and talk to me about it if they want.

Thank you so much girls its nice to know its not just me or if i am doing something wrong. I have had UTI'S before at about 8 wrks and 10wks so maybe thats how mine started to. I am making an appointment now so finger crossed.

SamanthaP Guest

Don't suffer in silence Sallymarie. Go get it checked out

its alot better today believe it or not and i have a doctors appointment on Tues so i am going to explain to him what is happening and make sure i dont have another infection and make sure i get it seen to. Thankyou everyone for your support i feel alot more confident about talking to my doctor about it now. Now that i know its a fairly common occurance.
    Thankyou again