Thread: Indigestion/Heartburn

Default Indigestion/Heartburn

Hi Ladies,

Suffering my first bout ever. And I'm not particularly enjoying it! So, I'm wondering what you guys do to relieve your indigestion/heartburn... And I can't stand milk so please don't suggest I drink milk!!!

Thanks

MG

MG i can totally sympathize with you!
    I'm eating quickeze like they're lollies, and on the odd occasion they don't work or i run out, i've got a huge bottle of Gaviscon in the fridge

I hope you find something to ease it, it sucks!

Oh I hate indigestion. I'm getting it all the time!
    I chew on Mylanta tablets. I find they work very quickly. I think you can also get a minty flavour Mylanta. I've been told the liquid version of it is really foul, but I dont mind the tablet version.

chelleg Guest

FRUIT TINGLES I always recommend the women i see in clinics to try fruit tingles. Yummy and works in most cases. Any excuse to eat lollies
    Last edited by chelleg; October 26th, 2006 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chelleg View Post
    FRUIT TINGLES I always recommend the women i see in clinics to try fruit tingles. Yummy and works in most cases. Any excuse to eat lollies
    I can't agree more!!! I have so many packets of fruit tingles around.. they are the nicest way to get rid of heartburn... otherwise, I use quickeze when I run out of fruit tingles.

ooooooooo..... FRUIT TINGLES! I going to have to get some today!
    Fletch - I tried yoghurt and ice cream but it just made me feel sick I even tried cucumer (on it's own)!!!!
    DH ended up getting my some mylanta tablets on his way home last night. The lady in the pharmacy asked if I was pregnant - must be a lot of people buying them at the moment!!!

Thanks for all the responses. I am going to keep experimenting to see what else I can find to get rid of it. I had a bottle of icy coke yesterday and that worked - for about an hour.

MG

I was going to suggest fruit tingles - they work the best!....can make you feel a bit sick after a couple of packets though LOL

i swear by Mucaine liquid available from chemists has an anasthetic in it!! though i wish i'd known about fruit tingles!!!

Hi,

I have really bad heartburn and reflux.

I have to take Ranitidine for it (Zantac), but mine is really bad though. Ranitidine works wonders.

My doc has said to be careful with stuff like gavison etc as they have aluminium in most which can be bad? There is a low-aluminium version which I'm yet to try.

I take the gaviscon tablets, they say one or 2 but one seems to work most of the time. And I usually hate milk, the smell makes me sick usually but I'm going through about 3 litres in a couple of days.

Doc gave me some Rennie as they're aluminium free but they seem next to useless. Milk works better!

I read somewhere (might me what to expect?) that not drinking while eating reduces HB but I'm yet to prove that.

Apple juice, (or most juices), anything with tomatoes, spicy, honey, peanut paste or vegemite do set it off too.

Oh well. According to old wives' tales, HB is the sign of a hairy baby.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Rennie (chewable tablets) is great, also Mylanta rolltabs are nice.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Oh gals - Im only 5wks pg and started to have HB - is that norma?? Im off to see my gp tonight will ask him to what he recommends, but for now I might go and get some of those chewable ones!

I had heartburn 24/7 for most of my pregnancy and Nina was bald, still is!!
    I found milk worked a treat with me. Someone suggested rennie tablets but that was 2 days before I had her, so I didn't get to try them.

Melinda Guest

I had heartburn badly with both pregnancies and had babies with full heads of hair!

I was prescribed Zantac and that worked wonders, although even with that, I still had times where I got it anyway! It was nightmarish.......

Zantac is available over the counter....don't need a script.