Thread: Lactose Intolerence Baby - signs from the womb

Question Lactose Intolerence Baby - signs from the womb

Hi ,
    When i first approched my GP with my Theory - she Laughed at me and i believe thought i was nuts , but upon the godsend of a woman i have found in the Gestation Diabeties consultant ( also trained midwife ) i find my self not to be so nuts ,and well would like all your wonderful opions on the matter .

The reasons i ( we ) believe my baby girl is somewhat lactose intolerant is ;
    From 4 weeks pregnant i could not stomach , smell or taste ( on dp ) milk . i couldnt go near the stuff with out feeling ( being ) violently ill -

my dp was a 5 cups a day coffee / milo person - i couldnt go near him during the cup or afterwards ( not just the smell of coffee - as i am a non coffee drinker ) for some hours afterwards - which made him comming home after work a little sad . ( for these reasons he gave up for now ) .

i used to love yoghurt ( esp on rice puffs ) and cook with a lot of cheese & yogurt cant stomach that either . ive tried and brought it back up .

im not in pain or anything if i do happen to eat something with a dairy product i just bring everything back up . for example i cant eat scones ( made with milk or yoghurt ) i cant eat chocolate ( milk )

im sure u get the point of wear im comming from , and yes maybe i am just a little nuts first time sucessful pregnancy , but im 35 wks preg and its been like this since wk 4 and no body ( medicaly ) wants to know or give me there humble opinon ,
    i have however spoken to a mother of a 6month old bub who is completly lactose int . and she agreed with me that she had thoughts and inclinations during the later stages of babys development , but had no early signs like the noticable milk factor i have .

so if u can make sence of all this and give me some advice it would be aprechiated ,

First of all read the article on the main site about lactose intolerance.

The other thing I would suggest is google "colic and the breastfed baby and milk intolerance"
    you may find some information which can help you form ideas.

Personally I didn't feel anti milk products, in fact I craved a creamy pasta during pregnancy. But both of my daughters are allergic to milk. They aren't lactose intolerant, but are allergic to milk, most likely a protein in the milk which is the issue, but Jovie can't even tolerate if I eat something made with milk powder in it & then breastfeed her. Its caused extreme reflux in both my girls, and more serious problems in my older daughter as it wasn't diagnosed until she was 3. There is nothing wrong with keeping away from milk at all.

thanks for your comments & ideas about google .

I read somewhere that during PG you can be more likely to develop intolerances yourself... not sure if that's true or not but if it is, it could be that you've developed a dairy intolerance rather than bub??

Both my boys have had dairy issues (my older one has an intolerance and my younger has a fairly severe allergy to dairy among other things). I didn't have any probs with dairy whilst PG.

Only form my personal experience. I usually love dairy also, with my pregnancy I COULD NOT stomach dairy... My DD ended up being lactose intolerant.. I don't know if this is coincidence or not..

Hi!

Em is lactose intolerant and has been from birth (hospy stays at 5 weeks old then challenge test, and now skyrocketting on the scales) and I was addicted to milk when I was pg. I was drinking up to 3 litres a day. the paed thought this may have had some impact on it but also said it may have had nothing to do with it. Pg does affect what we can tolerate so hopefully it is only a pg LI in u and nothing to cause issues with Bub