Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M/S or HG? When do I go to the DR?

FAROUT!! that is expensive - I can assure you now that Restavit never cost me more than $12 for a box of 24 (I think 24??, either way a whole box) and the bottle of B6 was say another $10 but there's alot in there.

How many more weeks are you over there?? - I bet you just can't wait to get home now - try and enjoy your break - I know easier said than done - Times like this you need a clone of yourself - lol

Hi sunshine
    I found out the hard way, but water can upset a cranky tummy.
    Try and drink weak tea or cordial (cottees mix up). For weeks that is all I could drink.

Hope you feel better soon??

Take care
    Chris

Sometimes its just better to put up with it. I spent over $2000 seeing my GP who did jack sh*t i had been seeing her for 5 weeks before she decided that i would need steroids as i could not keep anything down even water and all the medication she had given me was not working. I was so dehydrated that i could not get my ultra sound done but my Dr would not admit me to hospital.
    I look back at it now and realise i wasted all that money and time sitting at the Dr's for nothing as i was still sick the entire time. By the time she gave me the steroids the sickness was starting to ease anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ellakayte View Post
    Sometimes its just better to put up with it.
    If it is HG, sadly you cant just "put up with it" because you will more than likely lose the baby & could do serious harm to yourself by not seeking help.
    I'm glad you were able to overcome yours though I understand how expensive pregnancy can be (especially while suffering from HG!) so I can see where you're coming from.

LMS How are you going these days? Are you home yet?

I had HG with my girls. I felt like I was dying for the first 4.5 - 5 months. After that I came good though.
    I lost 10 kgs with DD2.
    It can't really do much to bubs, coz weather you eat or not bubs takes everything from you. It's you who misses out, not the baby. I was put in hospital on a drip for 4 days with DD1 & twice for 5 days each with DD2. The 2nd time was more to give me a braek.
    As long as you keep up fluids & just eat what you can you'll be OK.
    With DD2 I sometimes went for days without eating a thing. Just the thought of eating made me vomit & there was nothing to vomit.
    DD1 was 7lb 5oz & DD2 was 8lb 9oz. They were both perfectly healthy even though I wasn't too great.
    If it goes past the 12 weeks, or doesn't ease a bit by 12 weeks, then see someone.
    They did try to give me Maxallon, an anti nausea medication used for people on Chemo, but I think I'm allergic to it & it didn't really help me. I had massive panic attack every time they gave it to me.
    I really hope yours doesn't last the whole pg as it does in some people.

Hey Danielle, thanks for asking. I just got home a few hours ago. I am so glad to be back. I could not afford that diclectin anymore so I tried finding doxylamine succulant elsewhere but it seemed to be sold out everywhere. I had read about Benadryl Allergy working for some people and got myself a bottle. It has been ok but with the 2 flights totalling 16 hours and a 4 hour car ride I have already vomited 4 times and have a severely burned throat and blood vessels burst around my eyes again. I will be heading to the chemist in the AM to pick up that restavit. For now I have taken 2 Benadryl and 50mg of B6 and hopefully I will be in the land of nod in about 30 mins and not feeling like crap. It looks like the HG is here to stay until the end. It has been good in the sense that I knew the pregnancy was continuing while I could not afford to go and get scans etc. I just wish it had not ruined my trip back home so much.

I have my scan tomorrow so hopefully bub isn't shy so I can get a sneek peek if it is the girl I am after or another boy to smother with cuddles

Good Luck LMS - hope you at least get to see what flavour you have in there - It'll make all the sickness so worth it

Hope the restavit and B6 works on you also. - I still have days where I wish I could crawl under a rock but FWIW far better than say 6 weeks ago - fingers crossed you'll get over the worst of it soon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12