Thread: One for Alan

angel_eyes Guest

Default One for Alan

G'day

I have GD and my OB has told me that he'll induce me up to 2 weks early.

The thing is that I really would like to go into laobur naturally.

Can you give me any pointers as to bringing on labour naturally?

Thanks

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

There is an article on the main site in the birth section: http://www.bellybelly.com.au/articles/birth

You can refuse an induction unless there is enough evidence your baby is too big (forgotten the term for it but not all GD babies are automatically big and many are born small or an average size).

A baby will come when ready, even with using natural induction methods, so if you are being induced two weeks early, chances are baby wont be ready, especially if your dates aren't spot on either.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Hi Jacqui

EPO can help also sex. There is a hormone in seamen that can help to bring on labour. Orgasm, a womans orgasm can also stimulate labour. But basically the baby will not want to come out until it is ready.
    Other things that may help is exercise, and staying upright as much as possable. This does not mean that you have to stand all the time. But instead of lying on the lounge sit on it, that sort of thing.

Not sure what Kelly's article has in it, I have nor seen that one but I know that other articles on this site have lots of good info so I'm sure it is worth a look.

Hope this helps

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

You'll have to check it out Alan, then you can start referring people to the article instead I think this topic has come up at least ten times the last week!!!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

You are right Kelly
    I will have to spend some tim looking at the articles. But I spend most of my time here answering questions. I will get into them on a quiet day

Quote Originally Posted by Alan
    There is a hormone in seamen that can help to bring on labour. Orgasm, a womans orgasm can also stimulate labour.
    I have a question about this. If the above is true, how come it's safe to have sex throughout pregnancy without causing a miscarriage?

kyliealysha good question

the things I suggested can help to bring on labour. But this will only happen if your body is ready and just needs a tiny extra push to get things moving. It is not like some of the drugs that can be used to bring on labour. These drugs are very strong and will start labour no matter what.

Hope this answers your question

angel_eyes Guest

Thanks for the responses