Thread: Pain in upper abdomenal ??PE??

Default Pain in upper abdomenal ??PE??

With my last pregnancy i was induced just before 37 weeks due to PE, at my last check up 24 weeks my blood pressure was high and since then I have had swelling and pain in the upper abdomen the pain is getting worse each day to. I have a appt on fri with midwife but my question is do you think it could be the begining of PE again? Is there more chance of having 2nd time round?

tiggy Guest

If your abdo pain is in the right upper side, I would go to your midwife now. Do you have any other signs of PE? Headaches. vision disturbance?
    I would rather go in and be checked out now than wait. Better to be safe than sorry.

If you have had PE before then you are at a higher risk of having it again.

Thanks for replying tiggy its both sides but its way worse on the right side I havent had any headaches, do you knoiw wht cause the pain in the abdominals

If you are worried about the pain i would go to the hospital today and get checked out.

I've had pre-eclampsia twice now and was well looked after in my last pregnancy.
    When i got to 30weeks pg with Alex i ended up withweekly appt's just so they could keep an extra eye on me.

tiggy Guest

Mummy,
    It's liver pain.
    PE causes your liver function to become irratic.
    You need to go to the hospital and get checked out.

well i went into the hospital bout 4pm yesterday and only just got home today at 6.30pm! my blood pressure was through the roof and i had sugar in my urine(i think thats what it was) and also my test i had on tue for GTT was too high so now i have to go and have the extended 3hrs test and they will be watching my BP closley and i have to rest. i had Ultrasound today and baby was fine

tiggy Guest

Good news that you went to the hospital, glad that you are being watched closely, glad that baby is fine, GL for your 75g GTT