Thread: Pains/spotting

Default Pains/spotting

Has anyone had pains on and off in their abdomen/uterus area? Kind of like sharp stabbing pains and ovulation pains that come and go. I'm 12 weeks and can't remember pains like this before with my 1st pregnancy. I also have a bit of colour on the toilet paper when I wipe (pinkish/brown). I had bleeding at 10 weeks (after sex) but an ultrasound confirmed a heartbeat and a baby on track. A week later I had some spotting and have had this colour thing for about 4 days. Does this sound normal? I feel a bit silly going back to the doctor as I've just had a scan a couple of weeks ago and everything was fine. Any suggestions?

1 timemum - I have had spotting several times in my preg also - I made sure that I went to either the docs or the hospital each time just to be on the safe side (I had a miscarriage @ 5 weeks for my first preg) I am probably over casious due to my m/c but I found it gave me peice of mind. I have had a few scans to just to make sure. Its up to you but I would get it checked out if it were me.
    Cheers
    Kate

I have exactly what you are describing at the moment and am freaking out! I didn't get this with #1 so I'm not sure. I had a blood test and scan Thursday but as I am only 5- 6 weeks it was pretty inconclusive so I have to get it all done again next week. The GP wasn't too concerned but is doing the tests to make sure.

Better to get things like that checked out than wondering what it is.