Thread: Pregnany Acne.....anyone else?????

Default Pregnany Acne.....anyone else?????

Is anyone else suffering from pimples during pregnancy????? Or have done???

This is my third preg, and yep, they're back!!!!!

Is there anthing that anyone used to help during pregnancy? I know it's all hormonal, but i really need to try something else to help .

I'm desperate!!!!!!!

Please, if you know of anything that helps or gets rid of them (and you can use during pregnancy, obviously) please let me know!

Thanks,
    jma

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Ive noticed ive had a lot more pimples than what i usually did...but its not incredibly bad. I just live with it i guess Would be good to hear about some good ways to get rid of them, coz my normal face wash doesnt seem to be doing the trick like it usually does

I hear you. It is so horrible. Whatever happened to the pregnant glow? I just get pregnant breakout. Last time the first tri was the worst so this time I thought I was going to get away with a much milder case but nope, in the last week or so it has broken outbig time. I feel like I'm 15 years old.

Anyway, I use a face wash which contains triclosan. it's a mild antibiotic. I checked with my Ob and it's fine to use. I had a wash last time time that was called... oh, now I can't remember... but it has the same name as the anti-bacterial hand wash pump packs that you see in drs offices. It was awesome. I couldn't ever find it again though. There is another one which is readily available from chemists called Phisohex which has triclosan as the active ingredient. It works better for me than anything else.

Also, right before I got pregnant, I was taking vitex (also called chasteberry extract or agnus castus) just a Nature's Own herbal pill from the chemist. I was taking it to regulate my cycles but it did wonders for my skin. I have done some reading on the net and most info I can find says it is safe to take in pregnancy (some even recommend it as a remedy for recurrent miscarriage) but I am not 100% convinced. I am planning on asking my OB at my appt next week since it was honestly magic for my skin. I'll let you know what he says.

My SIL has been using a topical gel called Clindatech which is prescription - she had it prescribed before she was pg and just kept using it through pregnancy. It's also a mild antibiotic. I looked on the net but I wasn't sure if it should be used in pregnancy so it is another one I am planning on asking about.

Sorry for the novel, I just know how demoralising it is to look in the mirror each morning and see the face you thought you left behind in high school!

*hands up in the air*
    oh me too. nasty.
    They come and go. I hate it! Oh well....
    Thanks for the tips Hannah!!!
    xo

I find baby wipes (I use Aldi ones) 2 to 3 times a day helps cutdown pimples and clearsil on any broken out.

Thats always my 1st sign that i'm pg I get them bad the whole time I get them even before I get M/S which I get from about 5weeks but so far its only after I have found out that I am pg that I go " thats why my skin is soooooo bad " ..

sorry forgot to add that I used JJ dayly face wash every day in the shower plus "Young Solution" you can buy it a chemests its only a small bottle but it last ages I still have it from my last pg stings like mad for a sec but I alway say if it stings then its working dont know how true that is though.lol

Good luck your skin should come back about 3mths after pg. but may stay until you finish feeding.
    Last edited by New Dawn; November 30th, 2007 at 04:11 PM.

Jojo - I never thought of using baby wipes - it's a good idea. I guess the alcohol in them helps clean your skin nicely in between washing.

Tali - Is the young solution stuff a small plastic bottle of alcohol based stuff that you're meant to dab on affected areas?? I think it is the same stuff I had years ago. I didn't know they still made it. I might have to check it out.

I got horrible breakouts on my jaw line and chest It was hormonal and I get the same kind of breakout when going off the pill.

It cleared up by mid second trimester. I just made sure that nobody saw it. Boat neck tshirts etc. Just don't squeeze then they shouldn't scar.

yep thats the stuff its in a small red bottle and if you put it on somewhere you dont have a pimple you seem to get one there in a few days so you have to use it carefully I think priceline sells it.