Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'roids (lovely topic I know!)

Percy Guest

Default 'roids (lovely topic I know!)

I think I may be developing a heamorriod - it kinda hurts after I do a motion however is not all that itchy.

What other symptoms/signs of haemorroids are there? Do they cause any problems to the baby? What is the treatment?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Percy; December 24th, 2006 at 08:05 AM.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Percy, the article on BB has lots of information and some very good natural remedies which help in a couple of days: http://www.bellybelly.com.au/article...d-side-effects
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Join us in Melbourne on Saturday April 7th!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

mo3 Guest

Oh thanks for pointing this article out. I"ve been 'putting up' with them, to varying degrees, for about 4 years now, since I was pg 2nd time.

I found the cream bloody messy for clothing (even with liners) and generally it's all YUCK!!! So, thanks for the hints.

Percy Guest

Kelly - thank you so much for that article! Best Christmas presnt I've goten so far!! LOL

Thanks again.

Percy, I had an awful roid problem in 1st and beginning of 2nd tri. Mine were ruptured and I bled every time I went to the loo - not to mention ending up in tears from the horrible pain. The creams were awful. I found warm baths after a movement really helpful. Also, I stopped taking Elevit every day because the iron seemed to be causing a lot of the problem. I also drank a lot more water and increased my fibre intake - mainly by switching from Special K to Vita Brits for breakfast. Now I still have one, but it doesn't bleed at all and causes no problems whatsoever. I'm much happier and don't get terrified when I feel the need to go to the loo!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Percy, how did it go, did you try any of those things?
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Join us in Melbourne on Saturday April 7th!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Melinda Guest

Oh DisGirl, that sounds awful. I had 2 thrombosed hemmorhoids during my PG with Ruby that had to be lanced under a local anaesthetic, and then I had to have them done AGAIN when she was just two weeks old and was in hospital for 3 days!! The pain is excruitiating......

I'm with you girls here - unfortunately. And I agree, the pg vitamins can be the worst thing for them, which is SO frustrating when you want all the good vits for bub but it just does so much damage!!

Anyway - I hope some of the suggestions in the article helped!

Ouch Melinda! (I'm a Melinda too ) I was afraid it would come to that, but thankfully the increase in fibre and switch of vitamins did the trick and I've had no problems since. I'm hoping that they won't go awful again after Bob's here.

Oh I hear you all! I have had many fights with my rear end over these horrid little aliens!

I always panicked about if they popped out during labour and how imbaressing it would be, but no one ever said anything abuot it.

I guess trying to keep regular is the trick. Fibre, fibre, fibre!

Dh said to me the first time I told him as I was in so much pain, he says to me, so just push them back up, oh yes thats simple isnt it, push and pop straight back in!

I sure hope you have been ok sweetie, it isnt a nice thing to have to have!

Melinda Guest

You know the funny thing though - I wasn't constipated!!! It was just the pressure of my uterus growing and pregnancy hormones that caused it!!! Post-birth (Ruby was a c/s) it was still the PG hormones that were the culprit too, according to my surgeon as there were no other identifiable causes. I started taking Metamucil as a precaution though LOL! Just to ensure that for some reason I didn't become constipated!!!

In any event, I NEVER want to have this situation re-visited!!!

I'm so miserable this afternoon - my singular occurance has grown, almost tripled. I can't bend, stand, sit or walk. It hurts. Lots.

Concurrently I also have thrush and heartburn / indigestion. And my back hurts.

mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Oh Kazbah, I really feel sorry for you! Which is good, it stops me feeling sorry for myself! I hope you can get a good nights rest. At least it's cooler tonight.....

Melinda Guest

Oh Kazbah, you poor thing.

Without wanting to get too graphic, have you had a look at it (I know that can be difficult whilst PG! LOL). Is it hardish and red/purpley looking??

If it's increased in size like that and you're not getting any relief by other means, or it looks the way I described, then make sure you go to the Doctor and get it looked at. I really do sympathise. It's just the pits......the pain is shocking.

Kaz, I'm so sorry you're so miserable! The pain is just indescribable isn't it? You sound like you're in complete misery Maybe you should go see a doc and see if they can help you with at least ONE of your symptoms. You poor thing.

Percy Guest

oh gosh Kazbah - that sounds terrible.

Sorry Kelly I only just saw this thread again. Yes the suggestions helped. I've up'ed my fliuid intake and doing things to avoid the constipation which has helped a great deal. The pain went away after a few days and now only hurts when I have a very solid movement - and then only from time to time.

Reading the other stories I'm beginning to think that maybe it wasn't a 'roid after all?

Percy - there are many degrees of roids, so yes, it probably was, you are just really lucky that your body has responded to the changes you have made - thats great!

Kaz - I'm really feeling for you right now. It was only a few weeks ago that I was saying the same & I had to go & have 2 of them lanced (very much Like Melinda). It was awful, but if worked & relief is significant. I really think if you are in that much pain you should see your Dr. Good luck

Lanced just makes it seem like a boil or something - sounds very, very painful! Luckily its not red or anything (I think).

Sleeping helped, cause I was in the same possie and not moving about.

Thanks all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast