Thread: 9mth old and night terrors

Default 9mth old and night terrors

Hi, I have 9 month old who is a very good sleeper normally and has been since about 4 months old.. But since he was about 5 mths he suffers from what i think is night terrors... It is very distressing for my partner and i as we dont know what is causing them to happen..

Should we take him to get examined - I think that it seems to happen if he is over tired or if he hasnt had a nap in the afternoon - sometimes i just cant get him to sleep especially now he can walk its no stopping him..

I am interested to hear from anyone who has experienced this and what do you do..

When he has one we cant wake him up for ages and then when he does wake up he is alittle disoriented.. Its horrible for us i hate it when it happens ..

My first ds had night tremors from 9 months too, it is extremely common in boys.
    We took Nick to the dr as dp and i were very worried about him, the dr told us that when he is going through it do not wake him!!! It can make it a whole lot worse.
    We were told just to watch to make sure he doesn't hurt himself.
    When the terror was over Nick used to just lie back down and go back to sleep and he had no recollection of having them.
    It lasted until he was around 2,and they just stopped.
    I hope this helps

Oh god thats terrible - i cant stand it - its really hard to let them go throughit youjust want to wake them up and make them ok...

we ususally wake him up and give him a bottle and a cuddle....

Ok next time ill try not to wake him see how he goes.....