Thread: AF while on the pill

Default AF while on the pill

A friend just called me and asked if this was something to be worried about and I am not sure.

She is on pill and she has got her af 1 week early. She hasn't missed any pills at all. She said it is normal just alot more painful & it has gone on for abit longer than usual.

I thought you weren't supposed to start AF until you got to the sugar pills??

Any opinions would be appreciated.

It's definitely not normal! Breakthrough spotting some times happens, but anything like this sounds to me like it's unusual enough to need to consult a doctor.

BW

I agree with BW - probably something to see a Dr about. You're definitely not supposed to get AF before the sugar pills, and it sounds like it was a bit more than breakthrough spotting.

Has she only just starting taking the pill, or has she been taking it for a while?

She has been taking it for years. She changed to this particular pill 6 months ago, do you think maybe that has something to do with it??

I guess it's possible that if she's changed to one that's not strong enough for here that things are going haywire... I'd still encourage her to go see a doctor, though!

BW