Thread: Anyone taken a Pap or Pelvic Test?

shygal05 Guest

Default Anyone taken a Pap or Pelvic Test?

I was just wonderin if anyone had one before & what exactly happens? Thanks.
    Because I might need one since I have noticed this bruise on my lower abodomen & it hurts when I cross my legs. I don't know what I have. I also haven't had my period very much in my life, only 3-4 for times. But now I feel like I have a bruise and some swelling down there.
    Then I was looking at it more closely and I thought I felt a little lump, on
    one of the skin flaps. I was wondering if you think this was serious problem or not. My mom thought I may have broke a blood vessel or something, but I was wondering if it could be more serious like a cancer or endo. Please can anyone give me any advice on what to do or what it may be? I will look forward to hearing a reply. Thanks.
    I hope you or someone can help me thank you!

shygal - hey there - personally i don't think it sounds like endo - that is more like the uterine lining backflowing into the tummy cavity and growing where it shouldn't - sometime lumps etc can occur whent he secretion glands become blocked - and they may become infected again nothing to worry about - a PAP smear - sounds much worse than it is - some people have a little disomfort afterwards but general its more embarassing having someone not your partner look at your bits...As to the bruising - that does sound a llittle concerning - good luck when you have it checked out...Sorry that probably doesn't answer your questions much...