Thread: Bicornuate Uterus with right rudimentary horn

KBaby06 Guest

Default Bicornuate Uterus with right rudimentary horn

Hi thought I should have posted this in here....
    has anyone else been diagnosed with a bicornuate uterus?
    I have , mine has the uterus 7/8 formed with the other 1/8 forming this right rudimentary horn... both ovaries work fine but the right fallopian tube doesn't communicate with he main uterus it connects to this rudimentary horn. This effectively halves my chances of preg... but dr said my uterus would support a preg no probs! So I guess I just have to be patient and keep my fingers crossed and work on our timing!

Just 8-[ to speak to someone else and find out more about success with preg, birth etc....

Kate

Now that you have a diagnosis, you can arm yourself with information about it. It will be frustrating knowing your chances are halved, but at least you know you can carry a baby IYKWIM.

Good luck Kate, fingers crossed for you.

Hi Kate, I have a bicornuate uterus and I am a mum to one baby boy (more to follow hopefully). I had no trouble at all conceiving - however my pregnancy was a bit tricky to say the least. No need to scare/bore you with the details at this stage, suffice to say my Gussyboy was born preterm 11 months ago. After a very shaky start to life, he is now doing pretty well and is an absolute delight. Unfortunately the type of bicornuate uterus I have means an increased risk of preterm babies for each pregnancy. I had no idea I had a bicornuate uterus until I had an ultrasound to confirm my pregnancy when I was bleeding 5 wks into my pregnancy. Please feel free to email me if you want to chat offline. x