Thread: blood nose?

Default blood nose?

yesterday afternoon / last night, ds had 3 blood noses (well, only one nose ), he's not sick at all, and i was wondering if anyone thought i should be worried? i know his aunts used to get blood noses as kids for no reason, and he has had them twice before, once in the bath, and once when he had a bad cold, but i couldn't think of a reason for himto get 3 yesterday...

Was he running around anymore than usual?
    I used to get them A LOT and they would last for sometimes up to or over an hour, the Dr's could never seem to explain WHY i got them.
    I found if i was HOT or had been running around a lot i would get them, if someone accidentally bumped me on the nose etc.

It might not be something to rush off to the Dr's for but i would mention it next time your there and see what they think, IF though they are lasting long periods of time and not clotting properly then it wouldn't hurt to get it checked out at the time.
    I had my nose quarterised (sp?) when i was younger but started getting them again when i was a teen

GL with it all, it's not a fun thing to go through, especially if you have to pull out those nasty little clots

thanks darl, they don't seem to go for too long, and they stop on their own, i just thought it was strange.
    oh, and it's definately not from the heat! we're on my mum's property in nsw atm, and it's bloody freezing!!!
    i'll mention it next time i'm at the drs, thanks xo

Does he drink cordial?

I used to get at least one a day, finally figured out it the was the metabisulphate in the Cottee's cordial I was drinking all day at work.

hubbie gets blood noses when he eats high salt foods and does drink enough water, stress too can do it and heat hope this info helps he will also have one then more can follow till the blood vessel heals completely

nope, no cordial, lots of water, no heat... what a little oddity!
    i'll keep an eye on things i spose, he hasn't had one today...
    thanks heaps for your suggestions xo

Default blood nose?

Can't offer any suggestions other than it happens to me and now dd1, we took her to hossy last time but they couldn't work out the cause just told me she was picking her nose. She wasn't it just started running and was pretty heavy, it's happened once since for no reason.