Thread: CIN 1

Default CIN 1

Just wondered what everyone knows about CIN 1??

My baby sister (ok so she's almost 22 so not a baby) has just found out she has it. I just want to be able to reassure her that it isn't necessarily a major major thing.

She goes in to have an op in 3wks, I think she said they put die onto the abnormal cells and then remove some of them to test them? I'm not sure, but I think she metioned a biopsy? Or is this the same thing?

Sarah, I looked this up on the web and I found this information.

Mild dysplasia (CIN1) resolves by itself without the need for treatment in around 60 per cent of cases. For the remaining 40 per cent, the abnormalities either remain as they are or progress to the next stage.
    Treatment to remove the abnormal cells is an option.

I hope this information helps you.
    Jess

sarah it is nothing to worry too much about.

i have had cin 1, 2 and 3 before.

it just means there are MILD abnormal changes in the cells around her vaginal walls and cervix.

most of the time they wont even operate-- they just wait a few months and keep a close eye.

with cin 2, i was admitted into day surgery and had the abnormal cells lasered and burnt off. They will take a small biopsy off the vall of the vagina and test it to make sure there are no further complications.

cin 1 happens to many many women who never have any further problems.

please let me know if you need any more advice --- im an expert and ive been doing these ops every 6 months for 3 years now