Thread: CIN III

Default CIN III

I had a pap done at the 6 week check up post my daughter's birth.

It has come back showing CIN III.

I am totally at a loss as to how I can go from a normal smear in January last year to such an abnormal one now. What is even more confusing is that in those 18 months. I was breastfeeding for 9 months and pregnant for 9 also, which is supposedly a time where the hormones that assist abnormal cell growth on the cervix are absent.

I am awaiting the results of a colposcopy and will see where we go from there.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Here's hoping they gave me the wrong report (not likely though).

Melinda Guest

I haven't had any experience with this Kelli, but I just wanted to send you my thoughts. I really hope that the results from the colposcopy come back normal.

Oh Kel, my heart sank when I read your post, you poor love, how scary and worrying for you.

A GF of mine had a CIN III result a few years back, and she had been pretty much celibate since her previous pap, so go figure.

I am unsure of all the details, but she is now clear: the treatment was 100% effective. She did have a lot of visits to her gyn though, & from memory, one hospital procedure.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. I shall try and find out more from her, and let you know?

Kelli,

My Mum had this happen to her at her (with the same CIN III)... she is absolutely fine now, but I do remember she had to have many visits to hospital as well as a couple of procedures, of which I'm not too aware what the details were...

All the best with this sweetie, I will [-o< for you that your next lot of results come back fine...

Take care, and remember we are here if you want to talk or need support...

Aquariangypsii Guest

Hi Kelli,

I was diagnosed with CIN III about 8 years ago. I was very scared as you must be now and I will tell you my story but please remember we are all different. Shortly after being diagnosed I had the CIN III frozen off and continued to see my Gyno regularlly but then about 1 year later it returned as CIN II. My Gyno said this was secondary to the CIN III I had previously and I would need to have a cone biopsy to remove a very small part of my cervix with the abnormal cells. Neither procedure was terribly traumatic and since then everything has been fine. The only thing being, is that I will need yearly pap smears for the rest of my life as I am more prone to this arising again as opposed to someone who has never had it.

I went today for my Pap Smear and didn't realise that I had put it off for 4 years. The doctor had a lot of trouble doing the pap smear and told me I will need to go in and see her when she receives the result back in 5 days. She told me it wasn't good and that I shouldn't have left it so long between consultations. Please don't let me scare you and I must stress that this has only happened because of my absolute stupidity for leaving it 4 years in between pap smears, and let it be a lesson to you, to ensure you are checked regularlly after your treatment.

I am really scared at the moment and I hope you won't have to go through this. We are also trying to conceive # 1 which makes it all that more scarier.

I am so sorry for rambling on but as I only had my test about 2 hrs ago I really needed to get this off my chest. I wish you all the best, and hope I have helped!!!

Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you, Kelli, & wishing you all the best.

Take care.

Hey Kelli,

Matey I had CIN III also. They did a couple of procedures and I'm also having yearly paps b/c of it, but I'm fine and they are all ok, it won't have any effect or shouldn't have any on TTC,is that part of your concern?

If you want to talk anymore, Im here for you hun.xx O

Thanks so much for you kind thoughts and words guys.

I am still in a "why" mood at the moment, and just hate having so many unanswered questions.

The hardest thing I am trying to comprehend is how it has gone so pear shaped in 18 months. I am left to wonder if my last pap test was taken properly. Even worse, it was done my my ob/gyn who just did the recent one!

Now, I just have to wait until the 1st November to see what the go is.

Thanks again for your support.

Awww Kell I am so sorry to hear this. I only just saw this thread now.

:hugs: to you & I hope the next tests are better.

Well, saw the ob/gyn again yesterday and am still at a loss!

The biopsy taken during colposcopy came back with only a mild abnormality - not even CIN I!!

The ob and pathologist can not explain it - so I just have to go back for another colposcopy in 3 months.

Here's hoping that all is ok!

Thanks again for all your support.

Wow Kel... well thats good news at least!!!
    Do you think they could have mixed up your results with someone elses maybe??
    Fingers crossed that your next colposcopy in 3 months time come back normal!