thread: Controversial HPV Vaccine Causing One Death Per Month: FDA Report

Nov 2006
    Somewhere Over The Rainbow

I have been very open about my dislike of this damn vaccine since day 1. A few points about gardasil

1. it is NOT a vaccine against cervical cancer. It is a vaccination against a suspected cause of cervical cancer.
    2. This cause is HPV - a virus which 80% of women will carry at one time or another in their lifetime, and of which there are several different strains. This vaccination "guards" you against only 3 of the strains.
    3. IF YOU HAVE HPV AT THE TIME OF GETTING THE SHOT IT IS MUCH MORE LIKELY THAT YOU WILL ACTUALLY DEVELOP THE CANCER!!! did you get tested for HPV just before you ahd your shot?
    4. 50 women a year in australia die from cervical cancer - the stats arent provided as to how often they had their pap tests etc.....
    5. to get to the stage where cervical cancer is going to kill you it usually needs to go undetected for FIVE to TEN years.
    6. if it was so bloody effective why would they still be pushing you to go have your regular pap tests?

there is more, but i just woke up

eta - oh yes tahts right - they dotn even know for sure how long this will protect all those innocent bodies getting jabbed!

BellyBelly Member
    Add Rooey5 on Facebook

Dec 2008
    Ocean Grove

HPV vaccine

Angie is a "needle phobe" like me, so I won't let them do vaxs for her at the school. She has to be somewhere there is someone I know understands the condition and check her for reactions just to getting a needle. So she was going to get this lot with our loal doctor.
    I still am a needle phobe, thanks to lots of hospitalisations as a kid (brittle asthma), I had to go to my GP for injections and Dad had to go first

I contracted GBS after the flu vax in 1992, was fully immunised due to brittle asthma, and have declined to have the HPV vaccine due to there being reported cases of GBS arising from the injections, plus advice from my GP. I sure as heck don't want GBS again!