Thread: Cortisone injection and fertility

Default Cortisone injection and fertility

Hi
    I've just had a cortisone injection in my shoulder for chronic tendonitis - there is impingement as well and it's been extremely painful off and on for a couple of years now. Anti-inflammatories and physio have had limited impact.
    I've read on the internet that cortisone can affect the menstrual cycle. I've hopped off the IVF merry-go-round but have still not given up hope of meeting Mr Right and falling naturally (even at 43 .
    Any experiences shared or info will be great.
    Sue

Sue,

I have had these injections in the past (for sarcoidosis), from Aug 99 - March 2000. (I then said "no more", and came off both the injections and the prednisone: painful, but worth it).

Like you I read up on its affect on my cycle, as from May 2000 we started to TTC.

My cycle remained as regular as clockwork and I continued my textbook 29 day cycle with all signs of ovulation with top quality CM.

However, it did then take me 3 years to concieve.

I have no idea if they are connected. My Ob/Gyn who investigated our "unexplained infertility" wouldn't rule it out, but wouldn't attribute it either.

Sorry, that is probably not much help, but I then eventually did go on to concieve Olivia and Charlie.

Hi Lucy.
    That does actually answer my question. I'm just worried I'll lose my nice regular cycles and healthy CM. Even though nothing has worked 'til now, I'm wary of adding anything else to the mix!
    Thanks.
    Sue