Thread: does anyone have information on the use of Prednisolone in PG to treat asthma?

Default does anyone have information on the use of Prednisolone in PG to treat asthma?

I am having alot of difficulty controling my asthma at the moment due to a chest cold that is in the process of clearing and I was wondering about the drug SOLONE- Prednisolone and if it is safe to use during PG (I am currently in the TWW) I've been holding off on medication because I was worried about it effecting my embie/bubba but I also realise that I need to control my asthma or it could also have serious implications on me and a baby anyway.
    This is the usual medication perscribed to me to treat flair ups of my asthma and I have a script form my doctor for these types of situations but I feel I need reassurance before I consider taking it, can any body help?

Hi blizz. I don't have asthma, but I do take the dreaded prednisone for an arthritis condition. I've been assured that it's perfectly safe in pregnancy and doesn't cross the placenta. It's different to the steroids used to develop a baby's lungs when they are in danger of a premature birth. The drug is also used in some cases to help prevent miscarriages, so you can take it during pregnancy with absolute confidence that you are not doing great harm to your baby.

Hope this helps ease your mind.

BW

thanks BW it really does, I've been starting to get a little freaked out with my breathing today, could tell it was getting to the point that I can't ignore it, so I will start my course tonight and check with my GP tomorrow, Thanks heaps

Just wanted to add I took 25mg of prednisolone for my whole pregnancy & my little girl is fine