Thread: Geographic tongue - may b TMI

Default Geographic tongue - may b TMI

does anyone have this?
    My mum and at least 2 of my cousins do, and now I think I might have it too.

My tongue feels like its burning, and parts of the surface pop up, crack and sometimes fall off.

Its very painful sometimes and I'm just trying to find out if anyone else has had this and what they do for the pain?

Im afraid ive never heard of it before......but it sure sounds nasty and painful. I hope someone can guide you with some advice or help

NIkolaus has it Rayray. He always seems to get it when he's either getting sick or he hasn't eaten properly in a few days. I used to think it was some sort of birthmark. He's never complained of it being sore or painful, maybe has hasnt got it tha tbad but it looks pretty yucky at times. Will look into it more and get back to you

From what I have read, some people find it painful while others dont.
    Mine is still abit sore ATM, I am hoping it goes away soon!

kerry Guest

Make that 3 cousins Ray... but mine isn't painful so I wouldn't know... clove oil works for toothache so it might help?... or bonjuella...

Could it be linked to reiards (sp?)

MEMEMEME

I have it too Mine gets painful sometimes... feels like stinging/burn or my tastebuds are going to expload...

I haven't had an episode for a while though... And I never looked into what sets it off I can't remember.

*hugs*
    Cailin

i had it when i was pregnant but it has cleared up it only come back when i have eaten pineapple.

it never hurt but it felt yuck.

sorry cant be much help

adele

pine sets it off cause of the acid in the fruit my dr said.

well, mine ecventaully went away and I really hope I never have it again, it was so painful, like Cailin described it. I had to take panadeine forte a couple of times.

My brother has it constantly. On doctors recommendations he doesn't have any acidic foods (pinepple, orange juice, tomatoes etc) and has to use a mouth wash after every meal. Most of the time he only uses the mouth wash when he's at home though. He's had it forever & it's quite a bad case.

I've always had this come and go, but have had it the entire pregnancy. I find that the things Sarah mentioned set it off - acidic fruit like pineapple, kiwi fruit and oranges. It also happens when I get run down, so I guess that's why I have it during pregnancy. Mine is REALLY painful

im going to have to remember the mouth wash for Nikolaus...he's got it again. He went to a birthday party on the weekend and ate a heap of crap so im not surprised.