Thread: Has Anyone Had a Stomach Hernia Operation?

Question Has Anyone Had a Stomach Hernia Operation?

This one is on behalf of my DH. It seems that he may have a hernia down near his groin area. We have a doctors appointment to confirm my diagnosis tomorrow. His dad had a similar condition but not until he was in his 80s and DH now thinks this is the beginning of the end LOL for his health. He has never had any kind of operation or significant illness before in his life. He is 43 and of good general health, not over weight. He does sedentary work in an office but on weekends tends to do things like chop wood etc that I think jarrs his body too much and too suddenly. He also carries our boys to the toilet every night and our nearly 7yo is getting heavy! So I have told him to stop doing that.

Anyhow my question is: how did the surgery go? If in Melbourne who was your surgeon? We have private health cover and will be able to choose. What was the recovery period? Thanks for any info

Bath - can't help with much other than I know a few trim 20 somethings who had them and had them out and are fit and healthy now - so it really isn't the beginning of the end for him Hope it all goes smoothly for your DH.

My mum had a hernia op and saw Andrew Smith who, apart from being very good looking (according to my mum) is very attentive, comes highly recommended and has a good bedside manner. She was treated at Cabrini.