Thread: How to cope with...

Default How to cope with...

A broken wrist in this heat?? and pain without staying on painkillers constantly (im breastfeeding). My arm has swelled quite a bit today, not too much that i have to go back to hospital, but still a little umcomfy. I've never broken anything before, and im looking forward to at least another month in cast, so i need some tips with coping...

TIA,
    Simone xx

Simone, do you have a plaster cast or a fibreglass one ?? Apparently the fibreglass ones are much cooler.

Looks like I may be joining you in the cast soon too

I know trish, just read... sorry to hear, sending you lots of recovery vibes

Im in a fibreglass one now, as they are water resistant (i can get water splashed on it) but its heavilu padded underneath, which i cant get wet, and makes for a very hot sweaty arm.. Its starting to smell, and its only been like 10 days or something!!

Oh yuck. Poor you Simone. I so hope I don't end up with a cast. For me it will bemore like a damn boot. Hmm maybe a Santa stocking. LOL !!

Hope your wrist heals fast and you get your plaster off soon :hugs: to you too.

Trish thinking of you and really hoping you dont end up in a cast... i didnt think they put a cast on broken toes?? I've broken plenty of toes on drunken nights out LOL and never had a cast put on, always been told there's nothing they can do *shrug* who knows?? if you can avoid the cast, especially your foot will be much worse, unless they will give you a walking cast..