Thread: How do I get to see a gynae quickly?

Default How do I get to see a gynae quickly?

I think I've developed another large cyst on my ovary. I have had 6 surgically removed previously over the last few years so I know the pain associated when they grow too big. I went to the GP who referred me to a gynae who can only see me in 6 weeks time. So where do I go to be seen sooner? What else can I do? We have private health insurance.

I would ring around different gyno's and if there's one to fit you in earlier, back track and as your Doc for a referral for that gyno. The one that you were referred to, could you try explaining to their secretary your history and see if that helps get an earlier appt? Or waitlist you for a cancellation? I'd still ring around though.... good luck!

Ring around and book the earliest appointment you can get. You might find that they will accept your current referral letter even though it's addressed to a different doctor. After all if you go back to your GP for another one, all they will do is change the addressee.

I assume you've had your previous surgeries at KEMH? If so, is there any way you can bypass a gyno completely and go straight through the hospital, using your PHI?