Thread: I know this sounds crazy...

Unhappy I know this sounds crazy...

Something is wrong with me, I have been sick for weeks now.

My joints are stiff and very painful (my fingers and toes are so painful but my hips are the worst), my rib cage hurts each breath I take and it feels tight and hard to breath sometimes. I am totally exhausted and it has been getting worse and worse each day.

I know I need to go to the GP and get checked out but I am terrified! I have the strongest feelings that this is something really bad. All I can think is what if I have cancer, what if I am really sick? I dont know if I want to know.

I feel crazy, for no reason I am panicking myself, I have no reason to think it is anything like that but suddenly its all I can think about. I am not usually one to jump to conclusion like this, but I have been ignoring these symptoms for weeks now but everything is getting worse.

Can someone please talk some sense into me!!

Could it just be the flu? Not just your common cold?

Don't stress too much, we can all start thinking worse than what something really is.
    But do see you GP

Get Well Soon.

Until you see a doc, you're just going to be worrying yourself (literally!) sick!

Go to the docs, have a chat - it could be one thing, a couple of things, things that are easily treated. Far easier to deal with the known than the unknown.

*hugs*
    kaz

you might have a virus or infection - u really need to go see your GP asap.
    It will set your poor mind at ease and you can get treatment!!!! Do it this week ok!!

You poor thing! Nothing worse than panicking about something like that.

I say take yourself off to see a gp asap. Something sounds as though it's not quite right, but it might be something easy to address and you might be feeling like this unnecessarily.

I think the quicker you go, the better you'll feel - at least you'll find out exactly what the issue is. It might be something simple.

Good luck.

As it seems to be general, it sounds like a virus. Please go to the GP ASAP as a good dose of ABs might do you the world of good and stop you stressing.

Many people think that a bad cold is the flu, which it rarely is...
    The flu makes all your joints ache and you feel utterly exhausted (and very often you dont get a runny nose or other 'cold' symptoms) and appitited can be lost, which also adds to the exhaustion.

I agree with the others, sounds viral to me, which unfortunately can not be treated by antibiotics, but at least you will know what is wrong and stop worrying... (only bacterial infections can be treated by anti's)

Sounds like it could be glandular fever too. There are lots of things it could be that are not life-threatening. Please see your GP - the peace of mind will do you the world of good. Best of luck hun.

You poor thing. Go see your doctor please.