Thread: I'm home!! Surgery Update

Default I'm home!! Surgery Update

I was allowed to come home last night ater my doctor saw me - he had been called to an emergency c section at another hospital so I didn't see him until 5:30. I'm doing ok - bloody sore but bearable. I had a laparotomy to remove the cyst which had grown again since the scan to 13.8cm by 11.8cm. To give you a "visual" on just how big the cyst was, I weigh 2kgs lighter than I was when I checked into the hospital on Monday! Unfortunately they weren't able to save my left ovary as it had been totally mangled by the cyst, so it was removed. On a brighter note, they did check out my right ovary while I was under and I was told that it is working like a champion and looks incredibly healthy. I have to go back in on Friday to have my staples removed and then back to the doc in 3 weeks for a check up. Ironically I think that most of the pain I'm feeling at the moment is being caused by the darn tape which is from one side on my hips to the other and holding up my gut. I've been up in the lounge most of the day but since the boys got home from school, Jeff has had me in bed with my laptop, tv and pillows - gotta love him!!!!

Gosh, Nat, good to hear that's out! It sounds huge! I was wondering how you were getting on the other day, oddly enough. Good to hear your right ovary is still working and hope all works out for when you TTC#6. Hope you continue to get the gold-star treatment at home.

Thanks Ryn!

WOW!!
    Sorry that you lost your ovary. But it sounds like the other will do the job nicely

Here's to a speedy recovery!!

Tanya

Great news Nat that your hubby is looking after you & your other ovary is waiting to pop more kids out!!!! hee hee
    All the best for a speedy recovery!

Great to hear you're home! I hope your TTC journey can now go smoothly.

Great to see you back Nat.
    That is great your DH is looking after you well.

Good luck when you start TTC #6.

Jeff is looking after me very nicely - I feel so spoilt!!

Jillian it was a dermoid cyst - the same type that I had removed in 2003 just bigger.

Big hugs Nat and I hope you have a speedy recovery

Thanks! I'm actually doing so much better. Only had a couple of really sore days and then the day the staples and tape was removed I felt really weird.

Yep, me too with the dermoid cysts... they hurt like buggery when they burst!

Well done on the recovery front, sounds like you had a great recovery.

Best of luck ttc #6!