Thread: Implanon Implant

Default Implanon Implant

Hi all, I forgot what a pain in the a$$ taking the pill is and since my termination I've been looking into more long term, more effective forms of contraception and seeing as my doc isn't keen on me having the IUD he suggested the Implanon Implant. I've done some research and it sounds ok although I've never been keen on taking something that stops ovulation but it says you go back to normal within a month of having it removed.

Just wondering if anyone is using it or has used it and what their opinions are, my DP and I have lots of trouble using condoms and obviously I want to take every precaution so I dont fall pregnant again any time soon.

Any thoughts and advice would be great!!!

Cheers

Amine :flower:

*TamaraP* Guest

I am sure there was a post about this in the Conception Thread... hmm, let me see. Or somewhere, I can't remember!!!

Here are some threads that may interest you

http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/view...light=implanon

Hope this helps...!!

Thanks heaps hey, I guess my option is to try it out and see how it goes. If it was that bad for people they'd stop prescribing it so I'll have to experience it for myself. Since my termination my AF has been all over the place and I'm sick of wondering if I'm pregnant again coz I get cramps and light bleeds and my head is screaming 'IMPLANTATION BLEED'!!!

You hear horror stories about all contraceptions so I guess this is nothing new.

Cheers!!!

Melinda Guest

Moving to Medical Conditions & Medication........

My sister just had her second implant out... so she used Implanton for 4 years. She loved it, never had a period or any problems. She stopped taking it and got pregnant 2 weeks later! \/

I hated it!! Kept in in for two years but I would bleed for 3 out of every 4 weeks.

But try it out - it is a lot cheaper in the long run than the pill.

krystles Guest

I love it! Although i'm a little concerned with having to get it removed. I've had mine in for 18 months and i haven't had a period the entire time, occasionally my skin plays up but apart from that i've had no problems. Don't let all the negative experiences put you off trying it because it seems to affect every woman differently.

Hi all

I had Implanon for 2 yeas and LOOOVED it for 18 months. I would get a slight bleed about every 8 weeks for about a day or 2, whcih was fine with me. Not as good as nothing, but better than every 3-4 weeks! Gradually the bleeding got closer together, to about 5 weeks over 2 years. The all of a suddent at the 18 month mark it made me CRAZY!!!! I was crying all the time, totally irrationally, then fine the next minute. Total mood swings and weird behaviour. So I hot footed it to the gyn, who promptly took it out. He said that the medical community was very disappointed since it was supposed to be the new great thing.

I have just had mine removed - Feb 19. This was my second one and all up would have been on it for about 5.5 years. I didn't have any problems, got the occassional bleed and did get paranoid occassionally that I may be pregnant. No period for a while, feeling unwell, boobs tender etc. What I have noticed is since it has been removed I am not starving hungry of an afternoon now, infact have lost about 2kg. But that could be due to being unwell too, not sure if it is because of a virus, my gastritis or what is going on.

It worked for me, give it a go, you can always have it removed. This removal was much better, first one was positioned too low and ended up having about a 1cm scar. The most recent one is about 0.5cm. It depends on lots of things as to how big an incision they need to get it out.

Good luck

mrmoo Guest

The local hurt before the dr put it in (((OW))). I had mine put in 3 weeks after my little guy was born just over a year ago and it works a treat in that I don't have to think about taking the pill every day and dh and I can *y'know* without the worry of falling pregnant. I still haven't had AF though and it's possible I'm carrying extra weight from it too. Still I'll be getting it again when this one reaches the end.

I had it and I did not like cause I was bleeding all over the place. The good thing if it works for you it is cheaper than the pill and you can have it removed if it does not agree with you.

Ang