Thread: Migraines in children

Default Migraines in children

I have posted about this before but...

My Son Isaac who will be 5 in September has been getting what the Drs think are Migraines since November 06.. He has had numerour Blood tests which are all clear except for low iron..

He had an MRI last Monday and we are just waiting on the results from that. His medication for when a headache hits is panadol and a 1/4 tablet of Periactin.

He goes 6-8 weeks in between headaches and they last for 5 days at a time.. This time they have hit him particularly hard. We are currently on day 3 and he is just so sad. He woke yesterday morning at 6:30 and was crying cus he was "dizzy" and he had a tablet and panadol at 8:30 and that seemed to help and he was just quiet for the day but no playing.. Today he was just quiet and said he was fine and that he didn't want any medication.. At lunch time he got up to eat and started crying and closed his eyes and cried and cried for daddy cus it hurt.. I was surprised it hit him the way it did... Anyways he has had panadol and a tablet and has now fallen asleep..

Does anyone else get 5 day mmigraines (or know of someone) and what do you do??

I know the tablet works but it makes him extremely emotional and drowsy so I hate giving it to him.. Any other suggestions?

Yoghurt used to be a trugger so we cut right back on that.. Not sure what other foods to eliminate asd there doesn't seem to be anything that stands out that does this...

I just hate seeing my little man like this..

morgan78 Guest

Aw sweet i've got nothing to help, but wanted to send you & Isaac big and i hope he feels better soon and you get some answers soon from the MRI

Has he had his eyes checked? I was getting alot of headaches at the same age straining my eyes and had to wear glasses until i was 15. As soon as my daughter aged 8 started saying she was getting headaches I got her eyes checked again and found she needed them too.

Hope you get some answers..poor little fella

Jo

Thanks.. yes I had his eyes checked last year and the optometrist said his eyes are fine..

i wish i could help but i do hope u get some answers soon

He has woken from his nap and feels better.. Still says he is a bit dizzy but is chatty and able to walk around and get a drink ect.. that pill is brilliant but if you give it to him to early it just spaces him right out