Thread: please help! i have bronchitis and pneumonia and im 22+5 weeks preg!

Default please help! i have bronchitis and pneumonia and im 22+5 weeks preg!

stop taking the meds?

~~~~~~~~~~~~Prednisolone~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pregnancy and Breastfeeding

Certain medicines should not be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding. However, other medicines may be safely used in pregnancy or breastfeeding providing the benefits to the mother outweigh the risks to the unborn baby. Always inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy, before using any medicine.

# This medicine should be used with caution during pregnancy, and only if the expected benefit to the mother is greater than the possible risk to the foetus. Seek medical advice from your doctor.
    # This medicine passes into breast milk. Discuss its use during breastfeeding with your doctor.

FDA pregnancy category C. This medication may be harmful to an unborn baby.

Steroid medicine can affect growth in children
    i have runts as it is!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Seretide Accuhaler DPI~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

indication of Seretide Accuhaler DPI:
    Seretide accuhaler is used for maintenance treatment of asthma, a disease of the airways and lungs characterised by shortness of breath, wheezing, chest tightness and cough. This is due to narrowing (bronchoconstriction) and inflammation (swelling and irritation) of the airways.

It is important you notify your doctor if you are planning to become or currently pregnant (Seretide is ADEC Category B3) or breastfeeding as your doctor may need to examine the risks and benefits of using this medication for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~Ventolin CFC-free Inhaler~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Untreated and poorly treated asthma in pregnancy can be dangerous to mother and child, hence good control of asthma during pregnancy is vital. The common drugs used to maintain good control of asthma are generally free of side-effects and certainly pose less risk to the mother and baby than a bad attack of asthma.

Well controlled asthma should have little effect on pregnancy, labour or breastfeeding. As with asthma at any age, it is important to take your medication as prescribed and follow your own asthma action plan. Your asthma doctor can provide you with such an asthma management plan.

and

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Amoxycillin~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

is the only thing safe for my baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now what would you do?
    2moro is the last day of taking the steroids, so ive prob done all the damange already

really upset..........

feel i have let my son down!
    i mean having babies with heart issues and im taking all this s**t and prob going to f**k him up more

Hi Skyeski
    How much Prednisolone are you taking?
    How much Seretide are you taking?
    Ventolin is OK when pregnant

thanks for replying....
    Prednisolone... 2 tablets for 3 days!
    2moro being my last day...

Seretide. he has me on 2 puffs 4 times a day..

Hi Skyeski
    Your baby will be fine
    The Prednisolone you are taking is only a moderate dose and only for a short time. Problems occure when taking this drug in the first trimester and for a longer period of time.
    The main concern with the seretide is that there has been very little research on this drug and pregnant women. But as far as I am aware (I have just checked my books) there have no reported damage to the baby's of pregnant women taking this drug in the short term.
    You need to also consider how bad your breathing is. And just by the dose of the Seretide I suspect yours is pretty bad.
    If I can be of any further help I will be on line for a little while longer.

thank you so much for your wonderful help!
    i will take my last dose.
    thanks so much for making me feel as if i am doing the right thing.

Oh no you poor thing! I have no advice to offer, but seems you've got it anyway. Just dropped in to say hope you get better soon.

Skye, you will live hun and so will your baby. And the steroids won't make bub small, more the other way

As you know I am on both atm too and pretty high doses. I did question it going through my milk but faced with the alternative - a dead mother that can't breathe, I'm not much good that way, I am taking the meds.

Your Dr isn't about to give you meds that could potentially endanger your baby, and if he is then I'd be changing Dr's quick smart.

Rest up and I hope you get better soon.

thanks Hayley and Trish!
    i guess I'm just so scared about having another 30 week prem or even
    earlier
    and having both my boys with heart problems i don't wont add do that.
    i would like to have a 40 week er and a healthy one at that.
    what mum wouldn't?
    i have taken my meds today as my boys do need a mummy,
    just needed to make sure it was the right thing to do, needed some reassurance i guess.
    thanks for helping me xxoxoxoxoxo

Hey Skye, remember what it was like last time in the last weeks of pregnancy. A couple of weeks early is nice hun

lol yes a few weeks is ok...
    not yet tho lol!