Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome

~Aquarius~ Guest

Red face Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome

I'm looking for anybody who has been diagnosed with this.

I feel abit silly asking this Q. But I really need to ask. Because I feel like I'm losing the plot, and may have found the reason why. I was googling Tubal Ligation today, and came across "Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome", and the symptoms of. And of what was listed (34 things), I experience/have experienced 23 of them.

Hot flashes, flushes, night sweats and/or cold flashes, clammy feeling, chills

Bouts of rapid heart beat

Irritability

Mood swings

Trouble sleeping through the night (with or without night sweats)

Irregular periods; shorter, lighter periods; heavier periods, flooding; phantom periods, shorter cycles, longer cycles

Itchy vagina-at time raw like, can radiated from whole area, with absence of yeast infections.

Crashing fatigue

Anxiety

Difficulty concentrating, disorientation, mental confusion

Incontinence, especially upon sneezing, laughing; urge incontinence

Aching, sore joints, muscles and tendons

Increased tension in muscles

Headache

Flatulence, gas pain, nausea

Sudden bouts of bloat

Depression

Weight gain

Hair loss or thinning - head

Dizziness, light-headedness, episodes of loss of balance

Changes in body odor

Tingling in the extremities

Bad taste in mouth, change in breath odor

One thing that isn't on the list that occures every month. Is extremely painful ovulation.

It scared me to see so many of the symptoms being what I have gone through for the past nearly 2 years. Honestly I don't know how to approach the subject with my Doctor. I don't go to the Doctors much, so alot of what's there she doesn't know about. But right now I'm feeling relieved there may be a reason for all I have listed.

Please if you have been diagnosed with this, could you share how your symptoms were releived. Or even fixed!!

Thanks

Aquarius, big hugs.
    I was never diagnosed with PTLS, however I had 80% of the symptoms. DR's wont listen to you. I was put on the pill, but it only really eased some of them.
    I had a tubal reversal & now I only have PMS, ROFL !! ( mental confusion still exists too)

I really hope you can get this sorted out hun, I know how horrible it is.& I wish you all the best!!

eek! im seriously considering a tubal ligation after this baby is about 1 year old!

Joh, i would seriously consider another form of contraception. Honestly a TL can cause all sorts of problems. Though some women have no dramas at all!
    I wish all those years I went through hell, that I was just taking the pill.

~Aquarius~ Guest

Thanks for replying storm My jaw pretty much hit the ground when I was reading it. I had been thinking for the past 6 months or so that my TL was to blame. And had wondered if a reversal would fix the problem. But at the same time I dismissed it.... Thinking I was just being a hypocondiac!

I've taken the plunge not long after posting, and have made an appointment for the 12th with my GP. I really hope she can help.

I'm in lala land atm, I can't believe I might have the answer

~Aquarius~ Guest

Hi Joh you spunky chicky!! I didn't see you here! I'm in disguise LOL... It's me ~Cinderella~ Thought I'd have a change.

I agree with storm. I thought I had researched enough to before decided. Our major fertility was my biggest reason why I chose this method of contraception. Make sure you know everything before you decide. These *side affects* were never explained to me.

Funny thing is they never are. A dr will just dismiss it. Mine tried to tell me it was just hormonal, pfft what a joke. I found a new dr who would give me a referral for the reversal, even my very first cycle after the op was normal & none of the bad side effects have happened since. When I would get AF I would be in bed it was so agonising.
    It's hard to believe that clipping/tying or altering your tubes in anyway would be so devastating.

ah hi cinderella
    all the contraception options have possible side effects i dont want to take hormone pills:P
    im starting to think total abstinence is the way to go LOL

~Aquarius~ Guest

I've read abit more... and apparently cauterizing in particular is where this happens the most. I had mine cut, abit taken, and then cauterized So I have no idea if a reversal would be possible to try to rectify the problem.

LOL Joh I don't know what your other half would say about that! Although I rekon I could do it!

storm did you have major pain at ovulation time?? That is one of my major problems. AF is usually really really heavy the first 2-3 days then mellows down, and is gone by approx day 9 fully. And surprisingly has been pretty regular. Although my last two cycles have been quite strange, and more mellow.

It feels so good to talk to someone about this

ray Guest

hi aquaruis,
    my name is ray, i had my tubes tied about 2 years ago i have some of the symptoms but the past couple of months my ovulation has been painful i keeps saying to my hubby that it's like golf balls passing through the tubes. I'm in the process of getting my tubes untied we are trying for baby number 4. Good luck with everything just come right out and say it to your dr or go see a gyno they might help
    ray.

I did occassionally get bad o pains, like Ray said, like a golf ball. But AF & AF pain was the worst for me, & the ups & downs I think. I hope you can get it all sorted out soon.

~Aquarius~ Guest

Smile

Well I have been reading so much today i think my eyes are going wok on me!

But I have decided I am going to ask my doc about a reversal. See what she says. If I know her like I think I do, she will order bloods to check everything out before talking about it any further.

I was tested about 8 months ago for my thyroid. That was the first time I spoke to her about *losing the plot*. I was borderline apparently. She offered me ADs. I declined the offer. So I am due to be tested again for my thyroid anyway. But that alone doesn't explain the carpal tunnel (which has been horrifically painful the past 24 hours and started after I gave birth), and all the other stuff on the list. Really I never gave too much thought to the link between all the things I have been experiencing. They are all so different in origin IYKWIM.

The relief I have felt in the past 24 hours from knowing I am not crazy is incredible.
    Thankyou storm & ray for taking the time to reply to my posts And Joh I'll let you know how I get on at the Doctors on the 12th.

Hi Aquairus,I would have to say alot of that sounds like me too,never heard of it tho.
    JOH, WAT EVER YOU DO DONT HAVE YOUR TUBES TIRED,I SWEAR YOU WILL LIVE TO REGRET IT. YOU WILL HAVE NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS TRUST ME.

tiggy Guest

Hi Aquarius,
    I too have alot of these symptoms after I had my tubes tied. My doctor keeps fobbing me off but I have decided I am going to push for reversal too, not to have another baby, although if one came along I wouldn't be unhappy, but to stop the terrible flooding and pain that I get every month.
    Let us know how you get on.

Aquarius,
    I've had thryoid trouble too, & carpel tunnel syndrome, I had the numb fingers & the dreadful ache. Just all adds to making one miserable.
    Good luck at the DR, let me know how you get on wont ya!!

Hiya Tiff! Cant believe Ivy & Noah are 15 months already, gee that has just flown by!!

tiggy Guest

Hi Storm! Or I, that your little cherub is a) here and that b) she's 2 months old! I keep up with you on the Dec 06 thread cos my SIL posts in there and sometimes, it's my only way of keeping up with HER! LOL

~Aquarius~ Guest

Yep, I will definately keep you guys updated

Tiff I feel the same (re. another baby). I certainly wouldn't be getting them reversed for that! I have 5 already!! But if another was to come along, well then another comes along!We are very fertile, so I need to do some reseach into other contraception options obviously.... my last DS was concieved while I was on the depo needle!

Storm, the carpal tunnel goes all the way into my right shoulder. That's where all my pain is situated lately. The other night I was so nausias because of the pain. And again I can feel it coming on

Great idea girls i would seriously look into having a reversal if for nothing else but to be normal again. Even after the reversal it takes awhile for things to get back to normal. It was the best $3259 ive ever spent in my hole life.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast