Thread: Sanity Check this Vicks Vapour rub Email.

Default Sanity Check this Vicks Vapour rub Email.

My mother forwarded me this email: What do you reckon?

VICKS VapoRub - INTERESTING

During a lecture on Essential Oils, they told us how the foot soles can absorb oils. Their example: Put garlic on your feet and within 20 minutes you can 'taste' it.

Some of us have used Vicks VapoRub for years for everything from chapped lips to sore toes and many body parts in between. But I've never heard of this. And don't laugh, it works 100% of the time, although the scientists who discovered it aren't sure why. To stop night time coughing in a child (or adult as we found out personally), put Vicks VapoRub generously on the soles of your feet, cover with socks, and the heavy, deep coughing will stop in about 5 minutes and stay stopped for many, many hours of relief. Works 100% of the time and is more effective in children than even very strong prescription cough medicines. In addition it is extremely soothing and comforting and they will sleep soundly

Just happened to tune in A.M. Radio and picked up this guy talking about why cough medicines in kids often do more harm than good, due to the chemicals in them This method of using Vicks VapoRub on the soles of the feet was found to be more effective than prescribed medicines for children at bed time. In addition it seems to have a soothing and calming effect on sick children who then went on to sleep soundly.

My wife tried it on herself when she had a very deep constant and persistent cough a few weeks ago and it worked 100%! She said that it felt like a warm blanket had enveloped her, coughing stopped in a few minutes.So she went from; every few seconds uncontrollable coughing, she slept cough-free for hours every night she used it.

It does work! I have done it on Flynn and myself when we have had coughs. I have never put garlic on my feet so I don't know about that but I couldn't taste the Vicks!
    It warms you up a bit too!

Yeah I've heard of that before. I'm not keen on the ingredients of vicks vaporub tho, so don't know if I'd want it that absorbed iykwim.

I've done it with my kids since they were tiny, only we use Eucybear.

It does work!!

DPs mum mentioned this to me last night - but instead of Vicks she said to rub eucalytpus oil into the sole of bubs feet if they get a cold.

I'd not heard of it before but DPs mum said to keep it in mind for when bubs is here

I have never heard of that before!! I will try it though.

Interesting... Will certainly keep that in mind next time DS has a cold...

Hmm... will have to try that!

lol, yes, we do that!!

It definitely works! I have done it for my boys and myself and each time none of us have coughed at bedtime. It's strange, but true

Have known about this for years!