thread: The scariest day of my life and what i am going through

May 2008
    ...where jumping on the bed is mandatory!

hope your ok. hugs. xxx

Aug 2007

Thanks heaps everyone

for all those that have had a MRI did you have to have the contrast dye? If i have too i am going to say no to it! i don't like the sound of it, and since my lumber puncture has had this bad result it would be just my luck that i have a reaction to the dye too!

My MRI is now also on wednesday night (guess it can't be that urgent) but now that is just more days i have to stress!

Have been having a major downer today and to be honest have had some bad thoughts! not being able to do anything but lay on my back is getting me depressed

Jul 2006
    Cloud nine :D

I didn't have the contrast dye with the MRI, but I did with one of my Cat Scans.

Cat xox

Nov 2008
    in the ning nang nong

ditto - as per Cat.

it can be pretty depressing ... I wish there was something I could suggest, other than having people over, or whiling away the time with crappy TV and books ...

maybe learn sudoku or cryptic crosswords or something, to get your mind onto other things?

or stalk other BB'ers' blogs?

you can start with mine if you like ... it's nothing special, but it will keep you occupied, and keep your mind on other things

Jul 2010
    Canberra

How scary, I'm so sorry you're in pain. The waiting is the worst.

Just wanted to wish you luck for Wednesday night *hug*

Add Beatrix on Facebook

May 2007
    within a puff of pink

wow what a terrifying experience.

I really hope you are feeling better soon xox

Mar 2006

No, you don't have contrast with an MRI.

If they're looking for blocked vessels, they are more likely to use contrast with a CT scan OR do an angiogram. Not an MRI.

Fear of the unknown is the worst. But in all honesty, the MRI is a noisy submarine. If you've ever been in a sub, you'll understand what I mean after Wed. It is a small space that makes lots and lots of noise. The duration will depend on how much they need to scan on you. My gastric one took about 20 min, my back took about 5.

BellyBelly Member

May 2008

The reaction to the lumbar puncture is a mechanical thing - your spine is objecting to the change in pressure, and that has lots of unpleasant knock-on effects.
    The MRI contrast agent if it is used is NOT put into your spine - it's given in an IV. So there shouldn't be any pressure change associated with it.
    Hope all goes OK.

Oct 2006
    Adelaide, SA

What a horrible experience, you poor thing! I hope you're starting to feel a little better, good luck with the mri

Aug 2007

Feeling a tad better today, have managed to stand long enough to wash my hair

MRI tonight at 1935

Jul 2010
    Canberra

Glad you're feeling a little better. Hope the MRI goes well and that you get some answers.

Take care *hugs*

Add CKJ on Facebook

Dec 2011
    Central Coast NSW

Good luck tonight - I was supposed to have the iv/dye with my first MRI but being pregnant they just did the scan on its own.

Jul 2006

How did u go with MRI

Cat xox

Add Footsteps on Facebook

Mar 2008
    Waterloo, Merseyside, UK

i hope you get some answers huni xx

Aug 2007

MRI came back all good so they are now thinking that i either had a blod clot that has passed or a blood vessel in the brain spasm (had a big word but cannot remember it)

and today i am feeling almost back to normal so i am hoping it never happens again! ever!

Jul 2006

fantastic xoxoxo

Nov 2008
    in the ning nang nong

Huzzah!!!

I was so worried about you.

Jul 2010
    Canberra

Great news!