Thread: Sensitive skin

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default Sensitive skin

Anyone with sensitive skin had worse problems during pregnancy? In my first pregnancy, I had worse eczema than normal, but this time around, I have much worse eczema and really sensitive skin. I had my hair colour and foils done on Friday and my skin was soooo sensitive this time that I got a chemical burn the size of a 10c piece from the bleach! I have a horrible, really noticable burn on my forehead (on the hairline) and another further down which you can't see. Anyone else had that happen?

It's never happened to me before and I always have the same hairdresser/colour etc. and she's always done a great job, so I know it's not her - apparently this can happen sometimes in pregnancy as your skin is more sensitive (she had another very pregnant woman have the same thing the week before). Bugga.

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

I don't have sensitive skin normally but what i found weird during my last pregnancy was my hands would get really itchy after i touched potatoes so much so I would literally get a knife to scratch the palms of my hands with. I have not had a problem since Lachlan has been born.

Love :hbeat:

Marcia Guest

I had the same problem but with skincare products. I had a facial when I was 6 weeks preg at the salon I used to work at with the same products I have used for the past 6 years and the next day my face came out in a big rash. I worked out which product I had the reaction to and didn't use it for the rest of my pregnancy, but have used it since with no problems at all. On the up side though, my eczema was much better during my pregnancy and almost disappeared. Unfortunately it has come back since with avengeance!

Before my pregnancy i used to have a lot of pimples, but when i got pregnant i just woke up one day and they were all gone! Now every so often i break out with about 5 or so and then a week later they're gone again. It's really bizzare. I have also found that my hayfever has been a lot worse then normal and get bad eczema up my nose and between my fingers.

I definately had less pimples during pregnancy as well.

As far as sensitivity goes, I bleached my hair early in my pregnancy, and it was a lot harsher on my scalp than it ever used to be, my scalp was quite red for days afterwards, and my eyes were stingy too.

Another strange (and very annoying) problem was that my hair refused to hold any dye. I got to the stage of using a permanent hairdye every 3 weeks because after one wash about 90% of the colour would come out, so instead of dark red/brown, I has washed out orange hair for most of my pregnancy! LOL

I had rashes evreywhere...little red dots like you Colleen! I used sensitive skin Dove and pinetarsal & calamine lotion... and thats all I was allowed, it went away after a fwe weeks (it looked awful though in summer all over my chest & back UGH!!)... and I had MORE pimples in PG and they aren't going away yet ](*,)

I have had extremely itchy skin for about a month. Had to have a liver function test, which came back normal, thank goodness.

It actually drives me nuts. Theres no rash or redness, just the itchy skin. Its awful because my breast are the itchest. I have to keep apologising to people because I'm constantly scratching my boobs!

Melinda Guest

Not sure if anyone remembers or not about the rash that I had on my face and neck? That was atrocious and would keep me awake too.

I had no pimples during my PG but have a couple now unfortunately! I've also been a bit itchy on my top half....think it might be something hormonal!!

My skin is usually ultra sensitive & nothing much had changed until today funnily enough. I have a rash on my right arm which is sooo itchy & just driving me nuts. I'm geting pimples too, but not so much in the last two weeks.

I'm planning on dying my hair next weekend, so will let you know if that does anything...

i just noticed today too that my shower gel is making my legs and arms itchy.. never had a problem with the shower gel before..

Lesley