Thread: Skin Cancer/Melanoma's

Default Skin Cancer/Melanoma's

Has anyone here ever been diagnosed with a melanoma/skin cancer?

I have a mole on my leg and its freaking me out... it has a very irregular shaped edged... the thing is, I can remember it changing shape years ago when I was a teenager, and I never did anything about it.
    Now I swear to god that I am so paranoid about it that I cant keep my mind off it and keep imagining that I can feel this 'tingly' feeling all around this spot in my leg, and I'm convinced the cancer is spreading...

I know this is a totally irrational vent, and I am going to go and get it checked out this week, but ARGH I am scared that it is going to be one! And the worst thing is if that you leave a melanoma undetected for too long, there is very little chance of curing it.

Anyway I guess I will soon know one way or another...8-[

Sorry guys just needed to vent that.... 8-[

Melinda Guest

I've never had skin cancer or melanoma, but I have had to have 2 moles removed.

The reason they were removed was because I felt that they had changed and they had become itchy.

No problem was found with either of them however.

Good luck Ambah, I'm sure everything will be fine!

I never had any skin cancer or melanomas either.

I just wanted to wish you good luck Ambah and I will be thinking of you. I am sure though everything will be fine.

I went to a doc about something and aked for a referal as to who i would see to get moles checked and she told me to wait til the end of summer!
    I'm thinking, what so if there are any problems they have all summer to grow and fester? She was an idiot.
    I'm going to get it checked anyway, I have quite a few moles and constantly worry about them.
    Hope eveything is okay ambah!

Goodluck Ambah, i hope everything is ok.

Thanks everyone... I am trying not to think about it atm, I swear I get so easily panicked about stuff like this...

Dee - book yourself in as soon as possible... I have tried at two local Skin Cancer/Molescan clinics, and have been told there is a waiting list until May! :shock:
    So I am going to get checked out by the GP next week anyway...

Ambah, did you go and see your GP yet??

I did actually!
    He seems to think it is ok... because of the fact that I have not noticed it changing recently... but he measured it, and we will check up on it whenever I go there.
    So... it doesnt look like I will be dying from skin cancer anytime soon... *phew* (gosh isnt it awful when you get really paranoid thoughts in your mind about stuff like that??)

Thats fantastic your dr doesn't seem to think it is anything to worry about. It is awful when you start to get paranoid thoughts in your head and then it makes you stress even more and then your mind goes into overdrive. I had this lump on my arm a while a go and all I kept thinking it was cancer, but was too scared to go to the drs to have it checked. It pretty much has gone now so I figure it was just a cyst. If it had gotten bigger I would've gone to see him.

Maybe book into the clinic anyway, even though you know it will be fine. That way you can get a general checkup. I am actually supposed to get photographed every 6 mths because I have so many but keep forgetting! So maybe just book in for peace of mind, and also maybe get others checked out as sometimes it can be the ones you can't see or the ones that you don't notice that can be a problem (not to freak you out LOL).

And can you remind me to do it too LOL!

*mwa*
    Cailin