Thread: Taking Flagyl for BV - wanting to start TTC!

*ellie* Guest

Question Taking Flagyl for BV - wanting to start TTC!

Hi Ladies,

I'm currently taking Flagyl tabs 400mg (containg metronidazole) for 7 days to treat a case of BV.

Thought it would be smart to take them when AF arrived (which was Wed) so that we could sorta get them both out of the way at the same time.

We want to start TTC, so basically what I'm wondering is would it be safe to TTC this month (once I finish these tabs) on Monday?

I know you aren't sposed to take them if you are pregnant, but assuming I wont ovaulate til around the last week of Feb and would have finished taking the tabs by 12 Feb, would this be ok do you think?

Ta!

sorry, whats bv?

I'm guessing (with the aid of google) that BV = bacterial vaginosis.

Information that I'm finding online with regards to Flagyl and pregnancy indicate that it shouldn't really be a problem, but if you are worried it would be best to consult a doctor.

BW

in that case i would definitely consult a doctor first, you dont want to mess with those thigns

Ellie, I didn't see this post right away. I've taken Flagyl many times, including during pg. Call your GP if you are worried, but there shouldn't be any problems.