Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tubal Reversals #4

ray Guest

hi luvchildren, sorry for all the questions it's just hard to get straight answers. When I made a appointment for the gyno in geelong he said no one down he does it so send you to melbourne, he gave me approx amount in between $3000-$4000 then he asked me do we have private health. When I made the appoinment for the surgeon slash what ever there called they asked me the same thing. So I'm very confused know.

ray Guest

hi luvchildren,
    thanks for the reply I'm just getting more confused. When we had our appointment with the
    gyno he said know one in geelong does this procedure so he refered us to melbourne but asked if we had private health. when we made the appointment in melbourne they asked the same thing we are just getting confused they told us approx amount $3000-$4000.
    I had the clamps on which was our last resort, I'm sort of wishing now that we didn't.

Hey Ray, Questions Are Fine...ask Away! Depending On How Quickly You Want To Get It Done, A Public Hospital With A Gyno There Might Do It For You Though You Might Have To Wait. The Only Reason They Keep Asking You About Private Health Is Because Medicare Doesn't Cover Anything. You Have To Pay For The Hospital If Done Private, The Anethetist, Any Medications And Your Stay In The Hospital And Maybe An Assistant Fee. ( A Doctor Who Assists.) I Payed All $8k And Got Nothing Back. But You Can Have A Private Doctor Who Will Operate In A Public Hospital Costing Around 3000-4000 Depending On The Doctor And Anethetist. I Know One Of The Girls Here Had Theres Done At A Public Hospital In Melbourne....but It's Whether You Want To Wait. I Hope This Is Useful To You.

ray Guest

hi luvchildren
    I have a appointment in march seeing a dr russell dalton he is from ballarat actually i have 2 appointment seeing a dr dalton in melbourne. Picked 2 because ballarat is closer to geelong then melbourne. And I'm always sick after operations lots of vomiting, so I just have to wait and see what they say it's very frustrating. Good luck with getting pregnant soon everything will work out great.
    How do you cope with six? don't answer if that was rude of me.

hey ray, its cool, I don't mind. i am a very organised women. I love all my children dearly and endeavour to give myself time too. I'm not actually trying purposely to fall pregnant, as i am a christian. I leave the life giving to God. I just pray and let him lead me. I hope that one of your appointments works out. I too, vomit after ops. I did at this one too I only ended up with four keyholes around my stomach. Not anywhere near as bad as a c/section. Hopefully you won't have to pay to much money too! be reassured, it will be worth it in the end.

carma Guest

hi everyone...I havent been in touch for a while. I had my 1st visit to a gyno today. Not really encouraging on reversal procedure, was leaning more toward IVF giving me a possible higher success rate. Talked about possible adhesions forming on my ovaries as well as possible scarring on tubes. Says its my decision. I should go for a laparoscopy 1st just to see what condition my tubes are in & that way he can have a better idea of what success rate may be of reversal & then possible pregnancy i guess. Luv children i have a phone conference booked with Dr Cooper on Thursday...Dont really know what to do, sounds like from what i've heard, he may not worry too much about preliminary laparoscopy , From what i've read up on Dr Cooper he seems like he does so many more reversals than the Gyno I saw today....Who do you beleive?...THe main priority I have like everyone else is to try & get the best Dr to do the op & not get butchered in the process & have futher complications down the track....I beleive the pregnancy will happen if its meant to be.....there's only so much within our control...which is not much

carma Guest

hey girls...does anyone know of a Dr JIm Tsaltos in Melbourne apparently he does tubal reversals thru the public health system?....

hey carma, a phone conference with dr cooper, will help him diagonse whether it will be worthwhile. he will ask you age, your weight, how many children you have had and how and when you had the tubal ligation. He will probably then give you an outcome...least thats what he did with me. i hope it works well....

OKAY slack tart Maz here.
    Ray - yourve taken the first step in coing here. We'll all help you the best we can. I live just outside of Shepparton near the border of Vic. I got a referal from my doctor to the Royal Womens in CArlton in the January 2005. My appointment was 12th April and my op was oct 4th, not even 10 months after my first visit with my doctor. I had the clamps aswell and got them taken off cause a) I totally regretted getting my tubes done B) fell pg 3 times whilst they were done and C) had really bad pain when I ovulated and had my period. Found out after op that the clamp wasn't attatched properly, hench pain and falling pg. I didnt pay a cent to the hospital, I was a public patient. They were absolutely wonderful to me, right from the very first appointment. I had blood tests, DH had sperm tests. Any way I fell pg in December and now have a little banchee screaming in her room who's 5 months on friday. DH and i are looking at going back for number 4 at the end of the year. I should never had my tubes clamped in the first place, I had no councilling given to me and go tthem done because we thought it was the safe way to go with having an autistic child already.
    HI ya girls - have you missed me PMSL Have been so flat out. I borke my toes last week and then got gastro 2 days ago. Ah could just pull my hair out. Didn't even realise tht we had gotton onto a new thread.DER MAZZZ!
    Storm hows things going chicki - thanks for the nudge. You have to look at my homepage, Wilhelm has discovered texta's and thats all im saying. youll all have a laugh.
    $HIT!
    BBL she wont stop crying.

hi everyone can i get some advice. af left yesterday and today i have this brown discharge can anyone tell me what this is thanks

hmm Dea..I usually get that after I m/c.Are you getting any cramps etc?

hey maz, welcome back............ sorry to hear about your terrible week. i got some good news today. i got my photos back from dr cooper. but on the opposite i found out i have a representation of polycystic ovarian disease. not as bad as it sounds-just have to watch it carefully and find out what kind of cysts they are. hope bub is okay-maybe some wiggles music to calm you lol.........
    hea dea, did you happen to repeat the pg test? were you spotting or expecting period?

no cramps at all it just came today. and luv children no i did'nt repeat the test i just got af on australia day.

dea, i hope you didn't mind me asking... maybe mid cycle shedding?

carma Guest

Hey maz sounds like you've had a rough trott...things can only get better from here on..try & take the opportunity to veg on the couch .
    Hey luv children sorry to hear about your news lets hope your results dont cause too many problems for u in the future...Is the pod causing u much pain now? I'll be thinking of you. Can I ask given your prior condition with your tubes & all was dr Cooper confident enough to do the op without seeing u first? Also how did u go post op? Like who did u see to remove stitches & make sure u were healing ok back home? Have u now got all your results from your op with Dr cooper now, I guess just in case u have to see another gyno locally in the future? Sorry so many questions...u dont have to answer if u dont want .
    Hey Dea ..cant give much advice just good luck & i'm keeping everthing crossed for u...Also whats af mean i'm not up on abbreviations..sorry.

ray Guest

hi maz,
    thanks for that I have 2 appointments 1 in ballarat and 1 in melbourne they are both in march. So you got the clamps on because your child is autistic our youngest has global development delay he is your original dennis the menace. We were in the same predicament except we also have a son with one lung and we had trouble from doctors telling us there was nothing wrong with brandon it was in our head and at that stage I don't think I could have coped with more but matt with the one lung is doing great and brandon the one with global development delay is finally getting help.

Hey Carma, No Probs. I Will Have To Get A Hsg To Check If Things Are Flowing. Dr Cooper Was Okay Without Seeing Me As I Live In North Qld. I Had To Pay Up Front But I Knew That After I Spoke To Him. The Surgery Was Okay And I Ended Up With Four Small Keyhole Scars. The Stitches Are Dissolvable And You Don't Get Any Out. I Just See My Gp And Do All The Research Myself. My Gp Is Really Good And Listens To Me And Does What I Want. Did You Give Him A Call. Thanks For The Concern....
    Dea, I Know You Mentioned A While Ago, You Had To Have A Hsg, Did You Have One? Im Looking At Having One....

ray Guest

hi carma,
    my name is ray I'm from victoria geelong actually and I'm also looking to get my tubes untied. I have 2 appointments 1 with dr downing he's in melbourne and dr dalton from ballarat both appointments are in march if possible let me know how you get on it would be very much appreciated.
    ta ray.
    Last edited by ray; January 31st, 2007 at 05:20 PM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast