Thread: What could this bleeding be? C-section / cancer ???

Default What could this bleeding be? C-section / cancer ???

WARNING: Descriptive content.

I really need some information apart from my google searches.

I have had 3 c-sections. The last one was 10 months ago. This might be relevant to what is happening to my body.

My period has always been pretty much like clockwork. About 3 months ago they became very heavy. I also started have blood smeared mucus at ovulation which would last about 1 to 2 days and then completely go away.

This last month my period was 3 days late and when it arrived was very heavy. It completely stopped on about day 6. Then on about day 8 until now, which is day 11 I have had bright red blood smeared through mucus and quite a lot of mucus discharge. I have also had really sore / aching hips. I have a Pap test every 2 years. The last one was 2 years ago.

I have a dr appointment for Friday at 8am. I am so nervous as I have read what these symptoms could mean. Has anyone had any of these symptoms? What did it turn out to be? Could it be something to do with 3 c-sections? I want to hear your story, even if it turned out to be something serious. I need to prepare myself…

I had similar issues after my 3rd full term pregnancy and labour. I did not have CS's though. It was explained to me as just a side effect of having had lots of kids, and the OB put in a mirena coil which has stopped the pain and bleeding.

Thank you so much for your reply. That was easily fixed for you. Hope that's what I have to do. I'm pleased it wasn't anything serious for you. I have read horror stories about things that go on inside the body after 3 c sections so hopefully mine will be just a 3 children thing too like yours. Or I should say 3 pregnancies because I just noticed that you have twins

oh I can sympathise, I was concerned about cancer, etc, when it happened to me. I'm sure your gynaecologist will be able to reassure you

xx

Just coming back with updates and to see if anyone has had results like this and what the outcome was. Have had an unltrasound and that came back all ok. Just got pap test results back yesterday and they were not good. The results say:

Possible High Grade Squamous Intraepithelial Lesion (HSIL)
    Atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance are present
    Endocervical cells are seen
    There is abundant tuboendometrial material but there is also nuclear atypia rasing the possibility of a HSIL.

I have to book a gyno appointment on Monday. Does anyone know what all this means - sounds pretty serious to me. Has anyone had a High Grade result and not had cancer?

I would guess from that that your chances of it actually being a cancer are very low. You may have abnormal cells that require removal, but that doesn't mean they are cancerous. I have had treatment for abnormal cells a few times, it wasn't a big deal (for me), just worrying and annoying. But best you see someone ASAP who can actually explain all of that for you properly.

Good luck with the gyno, I hope you can get in soon.

ETA check out the website, Women's Health Resource, under gyno, and pap smear

Often a result such as this shows you have a high risk of the cells developing into cancer in the future and they do treatment now to prevent this happening. You obviously will need to see your Gyno for further advise/management but I would say they would be looking at doing a colcoscopy, possible biopsy and depending on the results you may need a LEETZ which is where they remove a section of the bad cells on top and leave good cells underneath. Its surprisingly very common and then you will need more regular pap tests from now. Try not to stress to much. Often the hormones of pregnancy feed any even slightly not so normal cells and it is quite common to have a flair up after birth which would have gone unnoticed if you didn't have a pap at 6weeks.

I've had smears come back with abnormal cell results which resolved themselves over time. Mine I think was CIN1 (not sure it was along time ago) I had no symptoms, and no treatment. I did have a colposcopy which is kind of like a mega pap smear, not painful or anything just a better look (I had a biopsy done at the same time, tiny snip, didn't feel it). Had another colposcopy a year or so later & then just had a couple of 6 monthly smears, and then yearly. I still go yearly now even thought they've told me I can go back to every 2 years. Cause i'm a worrywart
    fingers crossed everything is fine as I'm sure it will be

How scary for you.
    I have had pap smears with abnormal cells. It was about 4-5yrs ago now. I had to have the cells scraped out and then have pap smears every 6mths for 2 yrs. After the scraping my pap results were always clear and since then have been clear. I just have normal 2yrly smears now.
    I'm sure it will be ok. If you have your pap smears regularly then it should be fine.

How worrying for you I hope you can get to see someone soon. I too had treatment for CIN2 and CIN3, I had a colposcopy, LEETZ and biopsy and tehn had to have 6 mthly paps, then yearly and now I am back to 2 yearly (although I go yearly JIK for my own peace of mind)
    Let us know how you go. xoxox

Thanks so much everyone. I am feeling so much better knowing that it might not be as bad as I am thinking. The things that have been going through my mind. When you have 3 little children it is quite scary. I will be back with updates.

Thanks again for all your support

Just an update. Called the gyno and I didn't have to wait which is amazing. He is usually booked up for weeks / months. They asked me to be there is 30 minutes as they just had a cancellation. I felt so incredibly relieved and lucky to get in 30 minutes after my phone call. Another 3 weeks waiting would be torture. He did the colcoscopy straight away. I have to go into hospital and have the Leetz procedure on October 28th to take the entire top layer of cells off. Will be back with more updates after the Leetz.

Thank you so much for your comments

Sorry I completely missed this thread earlier...sounds like it was a bit scary for a while there. I guess it's reassuring to know these are the sorts of reasons we all have the screening done, so things can be caught BEFORE they get a chance to turn nasty. I'm glad your gyno got you in so quickly and I wish you all the best with your procedure later this month.

That is so great that you were able to get in so fast hun, good luck with the LEETZ coming up too. xoxoxox

Well it has been a week since I had the Leetz and Hysteroscopy (I ended up having it done on the 11th of the 11th and I had to be at the hospital at 11am). I have to go back and see gyn next Friday for all the results. I wanted to say THANK YOU so much everyone for helping me through this. It came as a big shock and now I have dealt with it and hopefully it is gone forever. I have been looking at life a lot differently since I received the first results. I have, or I should say had long hair. I have always wanted to have a really short hairstyle. Well now I do and I love it. I'm going to REALLY live my life now and make the most of every moment

I'm going to REALLY live my life now and make the most of every moment
    That's wonderful to hear, Lukesmum!

I hope the results are good when you get them, sorry I missed this thread since your original postings it must have been a scary time for you