Thread: Auras

Default Auras

Can anyone see them?
    Sometimes I can. Usually when i'm tired. It used to happen at uni when my eyes were tired and I was bored just staring at the lecturer. I would see a glowing around them and thought it was just my eyes. Then I heard somewhere about auras and looked it up and found that it was the first part of the aura that I was seeing. Then I started to try to see them and could see a bit of colour. So now if I try and see one I can see a bit, not heaps. The most I've seen is 3 colours at once.
    The reason i decided to start this thread is coz I have a pic of me when I was a toddler and it looks like I can see an aura around me in it. It's bright pink and green. It's on the computer so I thought it was just my eyes doing something funny with the computer screen but I just saw it again today and it's still there!! Is it possible for just a normal camera to capture that? I've never seen it in a picture before, I didn't think you could.
    Can anyone shed some light on the picture thing? Or just share your experiences of what u can see?

paradise lost Guest

I can, same scenario as you, also noticed at uni for the same reason. I see it as a glow, and thought initially it was just after-image, but it's not the same in non-living objects, and if i think about it i can see colours. I don't know what the colours "mean" but i have seen very murky-gritty-looking ones in people not long for this world. Have you ever noticed that plance have them too and their light is much purer looking?

I don't know about the aura photos and i'm skeptical of writings on what it "means" as i can see them and don't know what it means so why would someone else know, iykwim. I might be the only skeptic around who sees auras and so on. LOL.

Bx

Yeah, it's like a glow that you can see through. I thought it was after image too until I was in a session with a guy who started to get angry and I saw all this red next to the side of his head. Then I though, hang on...
    I have no idea what it means either, but I'm thinking red means angry, lol...that's as far as my knowledge goes.
    I haven't looked at plants. I can see a haze above the trees. I noticed when we were on a long car trip and there was a forrest out the window and i was just staring out the window and could see a sort of haze joined together above all the trees. I forgot about that, haven't looked at any plants but I'll have to pay more attention now.

Anyone else??

I see energy fields but not colours

I see light or dark but not colors. I used to practice on the train trips home from work

Ooh...what do you mean by energy fields? What does that look like?

I generally see blue/gold around people's heads - but that's usually when I'm watching someone lecturing or giving a speech, so makes sense.

I've seen it in the theatre too and also seen spirits behind the people acting (just like a black outline).

I got really angry at a meeting last year. I wasn't controlling my anger and another person said that they could almost feel the air crackling around me as well as directed to the person (is that what you mean by energy fields punkin?)

I used to see the same things behind lecturer's heads at uni and preacher's heads in church. Figured it was after exposure. I see the glow sort of thing around animate objects (people, trees, etc) sometimes, but I figure its some sort of heat radiating. Don't know for sure, and I'm certainly not one to dictate what is and what is not reality.

I think there's something to be said for energy fields (nothing better to call it) or energy imprints. For example, when I walk into a room I can automatically tell if there's tension/anger/guilt/sadness/happiness floating about. Its something tangible, that I've never questioned, like my sense of smell. Also like sense of smell, sometimes I can't place exactly what it is, sometimes its strong and sometimes its barely there. Recently DH and I were discussing this and he tells me that doesn't happen for most people. We tested it out, too, but its just automatic and has no relation to preconceived ideas on my part, or sight, or overhearing tone of voice... I never thought about it til recently. Does that happen to anyone else?

I worked with a woman who could see auras and she once told me mine was black hopefully not always though.

paradise lost Guest

I was talking to my dad about it yesterday and we were wondering if seeing "auras" is really seeing infra-red. We usually regard the visible spectrum as red-violet (i.e. the rainbow) but we know there are some people who can hear higher and lower frequencies than is normal for a human, so it stands to reason that there will be some people who can see a little into infra-red or ultra-violet. Infra-red cameras will usually show heat density, and it's probable that the reason we see only re-violet is that that tells us most accurately about the physical world. Like if you were walking about on the roof of a building and saw in infra-red you might fall off by walking out onto a thermal of heatloss coming from inside, or walk all round what looks like a big hole but is in fact an area of particularly well-insulated roof.

Bx