Thread: Do you think dreams mean anything?

Default Do you think dreams mean anything?

I had this very very vivid dream this morning just before I woke up for the day & it was soooo real. It has had me wondering today if maybe it means something or is a sign of things to come.

The dream was me having a baby There was a BB member there, one that isn't on very regularly & I haven't "spoken" to for months (just because we don't tend to run in the same circles). Anyway, it was a baby girl & I had her naturally. I can remember loads of details, the actual birth part was really easy & bub was put up onto my chest straight away. There was heaps of blood, the cord was really short & she weighed 3.85kg (yep that vivid!). Also it was in a weird room, like a really big warehouse or something similar, but not a hospital.

Now some of that I would love - baby girl, natural birth etc. so maybe that was just my subconcious talking to me through a dream. But the person that was there & also the location.... What's that all about?!

Sarah, I really believe you are your own best dream decoder. Sometimes vivid dreams are prophetic (especially when they re-occur over a period of time), sometimes they connect us with ppl we know IRL (has this other BB just found out she is pregnant/had a baby)? or sometimes they are a way our subconscious talks to us about other things that are important. Is there something you are currently working on birthing (something to do with a creative or business endeavour - given the warehouse environment) and what qualities does this person have that might shed light on your endeavour/situation? The warehouse might represent a business endeavour, or its spaciousness might have meaning for you.

I think there's always a real chance that your subconscious IS talking to about another child...or your desire for another child...or it simply could be healing aspects of the births you have had.

Red face

I agree with Marydean (dreams are best interpreted by self), but i know it's also hard to see thing clearly when you're stuck in the middle of it.

I think this dream is lovely!

I feel there is a large part of "want" from you (for another baby), but I think this dream relates to starting new projects and embracing your femininity. You have a natural birth in a warehouse and it goes well; the project you want to start will be successful, but the way it unfolds may not be how you expect it to. Interestingly, there is lots of blood - blood is representative of life-force/ chi, which suggests a lot of energy and a lot of your true self will be shown in this venture, really expressing who you are. The baby is female and placed on your chest, close to your heart, which suggests to me that there is a need to embrace your own femininity and the project will be close to your heart. The people is your dream are representative of your support crew, so having members of BB around might relate to the project being related to your children or things that BB members usually help you with. Because you haven't spoken to one of the members in some time may mean they will be able to help you with your project?

That's what i'm getting, but do have a check in on your feelings about the dream- these are really telling to why you dreamt it and what to do next!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah_H View Post
    I had this very very vivid dream this morning just before I woke up for the day & it was soooo real. It has had me wondering today if maybe it means something or is a sign of things to come.

The dream was me having a baby There was a BB member there, one that isn't on very regularly & I haven't "spoken" to for months (just because we don't tend to run in the same circles). Anyway, it was a baby girl & I had her naturally. I can remember loads of details, the actual birth part was really easy & bub was put up onto my chest straight away. There was heaps of blood, the cord was really short & she weighed 3.85kg (yep that vivid!). Also it was in a weird room, like a really big warehouse or something similar, but not a hospital.

I have had two dreams in the last few weeks. One I gave birth at my parents house, and it was as if I was in hiding, not sure what that means. I had a boy. Last night I dreamt I had a newborn baby boy, and he was on my chest, so so tiny (probably 2.5kg or so) and he'd fallen asleep as I was walking around.

Perhaps I really want a baby boy? I have a few family court issues at the moment, perhaps they are playing out in my dreams too?

Sarah, I think that dreams can mean many things - sometimes it is your subconcious (sp?) role playing out your fears, thoughts and feelings etc and sometimes it can be something that will/may happen at the future event and the dream gets you thinking about the item.

I have found that my dreams have been much more active and possibly much more open to my own interpretation since being pregnant.

Sorry no real advice in this post - just my thoughts on what dreams can mean.