Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I did the Adelaide Gaol ghost tour last night...

Default I did the Adelaide Gaol ghost tour last night...

It was a very creepy experience.
    To be honest at one point I was asking myself why the hell we were there, it was a bit like watching a horror movie and shaking your head at how dumb those people are to go in the house/shack/room etc, except I was the one doing it! by choice! and I paid for the experience!

To start with I ended up having to take DS with me, DP at the last minute had to go away for work, so I rugged DS up and off we went.

As the guide turned the main lights off and started with his dialogue, Jacob was pointing and waving at something/one in the empty corner of the room, behind where everyone was standing, then hiding his face in my top then peeking out and pointing again...that really freaked a few people out.

The guide showed us the rose garden where they have some of the oldest roses in adelaide, Jacob starts laughing hysterically, at nothing whatsoever and continues looking at the wall of the womens prison,for quite some time.

then we went to the old remand cells, this is where I started feeling uncomfortable, I felt I was being watched, not just me, we were ALL being watched, not scary just uncomfortable.
    On to the tower where some of the executions (hangings) were performed, Jacob was almost asleep in my arms by this stage, but as soon as walked in to the tower room he started SCREAMING, so I walked straight back out and stayed outside with him.
    We then went into the "new building" cell block, as the guide was telling us some ghost experiences my intuition started kicking in "get out, get out, GET OUT!!!" Was the constant chatter in my head, it is VERY hard to ignore that kind of instinct! at one point I almost grabbed the guides arm and really wanted to say "Just shut up, they dont like it!!!" That was probably the worst feeling of the whole tour.
    amazingly I was relieved when we went on to the execution cell block, I felt alsmost nothing in there.

So that was my creepy jail experience, anyone done anything similar? did you have any experiences?

oh, my mum also said she could hear like a static roar/chatter in her ear in the first "new building" cell block.

I will also add, I wite lighted myself and jacob and the car (which was parked on the public execution grounds!!) the whole way home.

Wow, what an experience! I've always wanted to do the Adelaide gaol night tour!
    Sounds really creepy though, although I'm not really spiritually "in tune" with anything so maybe I won't feel half of what you did

Jaycee- Im not usually very "open" to those type of feelings, I tend to block what I can but that was very In my face IYKWIM?
    I would definitely say do it, was only $26 and is full of lots of interesting stuff, history etc, as well as all the ghost stories, LOL!

wow, sounds very interesting...would love to do the tour. I've been there at night for a party and walked around a bit....did not feel anything though. I wonder if you are more "in tune" to different feelings through different situations IYKWIM.

Wow, that sounds awsome. I wanna do it now!! Do you have to book or anything?

My friend booked it as a group thing from their website, I didnt think it would take very long, just walking around etc, but we started at about 7pm and didnt get out of there till after 10pm!

I went there for a 21st and that was pretty freaky as we had it adjacent some of the cells where there had been deaths, haven't been back though...

I've done Freo gaol in daylight, and I can tell you quite seriously I would *not* go back there at night.

I did Freo at night a couple of years ago - eeeek! I felt very uncomfortable & couldn't wait for it to end.

Eep! I went to Boggo Road Jail on a school trip a few years ago, it was AWESOME But during daytime hours so not really creepy, although a few of us (myself included) saw a really odd 'shadow' that looked like it was running down the gap between two cellblocks - I'll never forget that!

I would LOVE to do more ghost tours - I tried talking DH into doing one of the cemetery ones (Dutton Park, I think?) but he wouldn't hear of it, and we had the kids with us anyway

Sounds like you had a pretty intense experience! Isn't it funny how kids are so much more in-tune with what's *really* around them... glad you're all okay Hope you had a good time!

I did the Freo Gaol with DH in 2007 at night time (BC - before children) and loved it!!

I soooooo want to do the Adelaide Gaol at night time....!

Quote Originally Posted by Marydean View Post
    I've done Freo gaol in daylight, and I can tell you quite seriously I would *not* go back there at night.
    Totally agree! It was awesome, and surprisingly fun, but bloody creepy!

I went to the Adelaide Gaol for a christmas do but I think I had had too many to notice anything. I did go through Port Arthur with DH and DD1 and when we got to the old cafe area I burst into tears. (DH had to explain to DD why I was so upset) I also struggled to walk around in the old cells area, it felt like people were watching us.
    Last edited by Ryatha; July 23rd, 2010 at 08:08 PM. Reason: spelling

LOL, I have been youtubing....The guide we had last night was Geoff faust (I think??) he is actually head of the paranormal field of investigation in Adelaide, they have actual footage from the gaol if you feel up to looking!

I've done a Gaol tour & I actually couldn't stay. It was too dark & there was too much "noise" for me. I personally don't think it's a great thing to do - you can really open yourself up to things unless you really protect yourself first. IMO.

Totally agree Inanna, I had that thought as we started, "what the HECK am I doing here?!?"

omg... how freaky!

im such a scardy cat, i couldn't have done it!

This is on our to-do list - but then we're quite into the paranormal investigating...

Freo would be another good one... I'll put that on the list

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast