Thread: I still can't believe this...Guardian angels?!!....

Smile I still can't believe this...Guardian angels?!!....

Usually my routine at night is to pop on a Baby Einstein dvd for Izzy while I get dinner ready because its the only thing that works during "witching hour"and gives me about 30 minutes to get dinner on before DH gets home.

Last night for some odd reason I thought I would put her in her bouncer for a bit in the kitchen with me while I got dinner on. She was grizzly so I had the Wiggles cd on and was dancing and prancing and singing away to her while I got everything ready. I open a drawer while singing "Pop goes the weasel" and....

POP!!!! there goes the heavy glass lid from my saucepan whcich then shatters ALL over the kitchen!!! OMG!!!! the WHOLE kitchen was covered in bits of glass from tiny sand sized pieces up to large shards of glass. I grabbed Izzy up straight away and took her to the nursery and carefully took off all her clothes and changed her but there was not ONE speck of glass on her.

I then put her in front of the dvd while I cleaned up and Im not kidding, but it was like there was a shield around her bouncer. Her large soft toy, her bouncer, the blanket she was on, had not ONE bit of glass on them. All around it though and past where she was sitting were covered. How weird is that!!!

Just writing this is making me feel a bit sick at the thought of what could have happened. I walked though a glass door a few years ago that shattered and I had 31 stitches in my head, side and legs, and the sound of the lid shattering last night was not nice.....BUT my baby girl is fine!! I truly believe in guardian angels, someone was definately looking out for us last night!!
    Last edited by Beach Mama; October 26th, 2007 at 09:42 AM.

OMG Tan that gave me goosebumps!
    I'm so gald that Izzy is OK

I really believe this is true, whether in preventing these things from happeneing, or in arranging circumstances so that if they do, there is minimal impact..you'll see what I mean..

It reminded me of something that happened to a lady I work with, when her eldest son was a baby. He was in the car seat, forward facing in the centre position, and they were driving behing an overloaded truck carrying timber. He was playing with a teddy bear, when the truck lost its load, and a pank of timber came straight thru the windscreen of the car and stopped a about 5 or so inches short of his head. So not only did he narrowly escape being hit by the plank of wood, but because the teddy had been between his face and the impact, none of the glass that was shattered throughout the backseat of the car got him. They named their dog after the teddy

Oh boy Tan, that's just heart-stopping! I think that Izzy has someone there special looking over her for sure.

Rayray - that's just an amazing accident, in a good way.

Keep safe all!

Hi Tan,

Souns like someone was definately looking out for you and your DD izzy. So glad you were both ok. I too believe that we have angels watching out for us, only because, when I was pg with my oldest DD, after two previous m/c's, I was due for a 14wk checkup, and the u/s had too be done right on 14wks at the hospital not later. They wanted to check for an incompetant cervix. Anyway this particular night, I had something tell me to check my dates, so I did, and wouldn't you believe it, I was out by a week. So I was further along than what I had thought. So of course I was so stressed out. That night while I was sleeping I had a friend of mine who had passed away a few years earlier come to me and she kept on reassuring me that all is ok this time. The strange thing was everything was the same as when I went to bed, to me being in bed next to my DH while he was sleeping, I mean everything was exactly the same. She stood over me and kept telling me all will be ok, and not too worry. She did not let me explain why I was so worried at all. She walked out of the room, and all I thought was that I had to talk to her to explain, so I got up and noticed that the front door was open, only for me to think why did she leave the door open anyone could walk in, then I noticed that the kitchen light was on, so I figured she must have been in there. So I thought as I needed to goto the loo, I decided I would talk to her after I went, anyway I woke up. Anyway the next day I was able to call the hospital and luckily they were able to change the u/s to an earlier one. I also ended up with my baby in the end. However all the way thru my pg after that, I would always see 2 young boys watching me thru the window, when I would fall asleep on the lounge, even to wake up seeing them, sometimes I would see a man that would watch me on his own. However it was always the same ones, every night and everytime I would goto sleep on the lounge and wake up several times a night, I would see them while I was asleep to wake up and still see them, of course my DH couldn't. It used to make him think I was going cookoo.

Sorry for the long post.

Tan ,thanks for sharing & so glad she is ok.

I was about to drive onto a roundabout once (going into the clear outer lane) when all off a sudden I had the sudden urge to brake and brake hard. Just up around the bend was a speeding car that careened out of control - right into the lane where my car would have been - in fact right into where the drivers seat would have been at that exact same time if I'd driven onto the roundabout. You can bet I said my thankyous out loud that day!!!!

Tan - i have goosebumps. Izzy is blessed! Thankgod she is ok

Wow, how amazing. I can imagine what a fright it must have given you, but thank goodness that Izzy is fine.

Caro - do you mean what caused the glass to shatter?? I probably shouldnt have said POP!! but it was upside down on the saucepan and while I was jigging around the kitchen entertaining her it fell off Or do you mean what caused her not to get sprayed with glass??? in which case I would say God was definately looking out for us! Sorry baby brain here!

Oh Tan, so glad Izzy is ok. It's always so scary to think of what might have happened isn't it in situations like that. And yes, I'm sure angels were watching out for her. Laila always looks at things around the room strangely or giggles, like she is really watching something, and I always say to her are her angels being cheeky and playing games with her!

Tan with such a special little bubba, I am sure there would be several Angels around her and you!Did you say a thank you to them in your head for protecting her and you? Its these kinds of stories that let others know we are never alone and always protected if we open our hearts and minds to them! Thank you so much for sharing this. And lots of love and light to you and Izzy!!!

Wow - some great stories here about protection - thanks for sharing and I'm glad everyone is ok!