Thread: lost Ankh!

Default lost Ankh!

Ok so this is from a few years ago but it has always been on my mind and i have always wondered what happened to them.

I had a GORGEOUS ANKH neckalce, was kind of like a surfy looking thick metal thing, it was stunning, i loved it to pieces, but one day it vanished, not the chain just the ANKH pendant which i thought was very odd.
    When i first bought it was at a crystal shop, for some reason it stood out above all the other jewellery and i HAD to have it.

After that got lost i found a gorgeous little pair of ankh earrings, they were so cute and again i HAD to have them, they cost me a small fortune but i got another necklace along with it.
    Again the pendant went missing off the necklace and 1 of the earrings went missing.

Does anyone know if this means anything or am i just reading too much into it.
    I have NEVER had an issue with loosing other jewellery and nothing constant like this.

That happens to me too ... I had a thing with moonstones about (OMG!) 16 years ago now - I would be able to keep one for a couple of months then it would either crack or go missing. I figured that whatever drew me to them had helped and was no longer needed...

Ankh? Doesnt that mean eternal life?

Quote Originally Posted by Mum2Romone View Post
    Ankh? Doesnt that mean eternal life?
    Yes your right..
    The Ankh, also known as key of life, the key of the Nile or crux ansata, was the ancient Egyptian hieroglyphic character that read "eternal life", a triliteral sign for the consonants ˁ-n-ḫ. Egyptian gods are often portrayed carrying it by its loop, or bearing one in each hand, arms crossed over their chest.
    I was quite into egyptian things when i was younger, also gothic architecture and jewellery... ahhh the phases we go through.

i have one tattooed on my foot

it was my mothers day gift this year

hmm I would tend to agree with Kaz... Probably the purpose it served has been served.

But perhaps it will turn up one day Never know!

The ankh is also used as a fertility symbol... I wonder if that might be significant in terms of it serving it's purpose....

Thanks everyone, back then i was going trhough some issues with my ex, maybe it was there to show me that life will go on without him??? I am not sure.

It was a few years ago so not sure on the fertility angle, it was WAYYYYY before the girls were even part of my imagination.. although when i was younger i doubted i could even have kids and that is around the time i became 'active' so you never know.