Thread: Re-occuring house in my dreams.. what could it mean?

Default Re-occuring house in my dreams.. what could it mean?

Hi, not sure if anyone can tell me what this means!

I have had a heap of different dreams over the past few months but they all seem to have the same house. It is not a house I have ever seen before, its like a mansion.. and the one main feature that I always seem to remember is that it has this huge set of stairs, that are never used. They are a straight set of stairs and they are those floating type of stairs (iykwim) with no sides just the steps.

Although in all my dreams I have always 'had' to use them and they lead up to a massive massive bedroom, and its always a sense of awe when I go up there. But at the same time its like I am not supposed to go up there..

What happens what I am up there is always different, last night I noticed the bed was slept in but it had a swag in it (wtf! I have never used a swag) and I remember screaming that DP had cheated on me.. and I woke up!

I think we live there, but I am not sure who with exactly..

For most of my life I had an infrequent recurring dream with a house in it. Then I found the house earlier this year. Gave me a start when I saw it.

Its on the other side of the town I currently live in - and I'd never been to this town as a child. Maybe you'll meet your house one day too?

Dreaming of houses, especially a house that is recurring is thought to be dreaming about yourself, the rooms are the partitions that we use to divide the things going on in our heads. if you think about it in that context does it make any more sense?

I always have dreams about a particular house, its always the same house but will be invariably different, does that make sense? LOL
    I remember once the house had like a dorm room attatched to it with a bathromm full of leaky, old and dirty toilets, at that time I felt like my life was literally "going down the toilet" !
    Maybe the stairs that are never used lead to rooms (ideas or plans) that you havent yet given room to grow. Does the fact that they are floating stairs scare you?
    The sense of awe and the feeling that youre not supposed to be there is maybe a sign of untapped potential that the time is not yet right to access?
    just my thoughts anyway....

Rumpled Elf - I did wonder that, as it does happen to me all the time where I will dream about something, it will feel so real that I dont forget it.. and its always a sense of dejavu when it shows up IRL... Hmmm never know, we are not planning on moving anytime soon... but hey you never know I am always open to it

Starrysky - Wow... I think you may be spot on! I read this a couple of days ago, and I went away to think about what you said..and to be honest I keep thinking about it! I have SO much going on in my head right now. I have a few opportunities that have come up, and to honest its almost like I have too many options.. all of which I too scared to choose!

As far as the untapped potiential, that is also one of these options I have mentioned.. I have been umming and arhing to start my own business for close to 10 years.. I always get close then I pull out and shove it back it the draw so to speak. I am constanly asked when I am going to start, and if I have a website... but I just cant make the leap of faith! My fear is certainly holding me back on many options at the moment (I also posted about a party plan option I have)..

I had another dream last night, with the same house, again it was a massive house and my DP and I were moving in. We moved on the the bottom story and then decided the second story was better... even though the whole place was ours it was far far too big for us both. No stairs in this dream though, but I have a feeling they are on the third level... (I have dreamt about this house far too much)

There were heaps of people having a party there and they wouldn't leave..in the end I had to yell at them to leave and that it was my house now. The house also looked over a big grassy oval, where there were some thugs being mean to some puppies.. (a bit distrubing, I know) and I called the police..

Very weird and the dreams just feel so real, they are still vivid in my mind!

I've never been in 'my' house, just walked past it in dreams. I haven't dreamed about it since I saw it, but then it was some years since I last had a dream with it in.

If it ever comes up for sale when we have money though I'd be tempted - or at the very least I'd be having a stickybeak inside it

Its freaky when you see something from a dream IRL *after* the dream.

I agree with Starrysky, houses represent ourselves.

If it's the same house every time it could also be an image from a past life? If you believe in them.

Hmmm I wouldnt think its from a past life as it is a really modern contemporary design...

Will have to see if I dream about it again tonight.. since I have the past two nights in a row!